New Light: I hear all the time as the Armageddon gets closer the light get's brighter

by goingthruthemotions 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kaik
    kaik

I am alergic on this phase and no amount of benadryl would fix that. My sibling who isloyal to the publishing house use this phase all the time when confronted with constantly changing and evolving doctrine. JWs do not care what is written in Bible, nor what WT used to publish 25-35-75 years ago, but they must accept momentary explanation given by the Borg.

• jam
    jam

sparrowdown: Love that" when the light becomes too bright it

actually blinds you". LOL

• smiddy
    smiddy

When light becomes too bright it actually blinds you.

I must remember that the next time confront a witness.

Good one, trujw.

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos

really bright or strong light will burn you.

and how many have been burned here?

and the burned child shuns the fire [s light]. and:

If this is J-----'s day, the sun will stand still, not just a 100 years but an constantly overlspping, unending day.

we will all die waiting .

At first sight,

It seems so bright,

but really

it never was, - nor will be- right.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

why would a deity lie to his people? also the light seems to get lighter, then darker, then lighter e.g. 'generation'

Is god hopping in and out of the cave?

What of the people who reject on the basis of old light, wrong light?

What is the benefit of releasing the info in this bizzare mannner.....remember unlike light, true information does not hurt your retinas after long periods of darkness...so the analogy stinks...it doesn't fit at all!

JW's only have new light in response to unfulfilled old light...... wow, they are like derren brown...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, the scripture at proverbs that witnesses love to use to prove light getting brighter needs to be read in its entirety!

It is not talking about organisational teachings or doctrines at all......

Anyway, one of the best quotes to throw back at witnesses is from CT Russell himself...

"A new view of truth can never contradict a former truth. 'New Light' never extinguishes old light, but simply adds to it" .

zions watch tower feb 1881 p3.

• Splash
    Splash

"A new view of truth can never contradict a former truth. 'New Light' never extinguishes old light, but simply adds to it" .

zions watch tower feb 1881 p3.

There's been new light on this.

Splash

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I love it splash!

Yes, even CTRussel is now "and old light" source!

Makes one just laugh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit