The Rants of a Dumbass Elder Still Serving

by TTATTelder 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Ok in the effort of full disclosure, I have had a couple of drinks and recently experienced a circuit assembly and a bad experience with a CO.

I don't know where to effing begin. First of all the circuit assembly was a joke. Half the assembly was about pioneering and selling your soul to be a no-pay salesman for the borg. Experiences were shared about how "blessed" everyone is for putting kingdom interests first. In case you were wondering, 'kingdom interests' are pursuing what promotes the organization - nothing else. The organization was equated with God throughout the assembly. Interestingly the pioneers that claimed ultimate happiness for turning down money to pioneer, looked completely miserable when sitting in the audience once their 2 minutes of fame were over.

Tons of OT scriptures were read with modern day application like they were never intended for a civilization that existed millenniums ago.

The DO ( going the way of the dodo lol) at the assembly was seriously a delusional freak show. You should have heard his crazed black and white thinking. It sounded like talks from 1990. Blah blah Satan...blah blah demonic influence....blah blah worldly...getting destroyed ...live forever...faith in the organization...all said with a touch of bitterness and attitude like he secretly wanted people to suffer for their "sins". He actually referred to being "balanced" as an excuse for not working hard enough. He said we aren't supposed to be balanced, we are supposed to be "exerting ourselves vigorously".

It sounded like the rants of a man secretly bitter over his life choices. He was not personable, avoided interacting with people, seemed a little too into himself, a little too uninterested in his wife, and a little too interested in a couple of brothers 20 years his junior - just sayin'.

My CO run-in is pretty pathetic as well. We have an obvious rogue elder that the CO is taking sides with. Nice to see politics is alive and well in the organization. This elder is a complete used car salesman that will change his story at the drop of a hat to sell himself. The CO is completely bought in and is avoiding all contact with people that could tell him the other side of the story. This CO gives multiple talks in front of a couple thousand people and then stumbles and stutters when interacting with me. It's just so freaking obvious what's going on.

Oh...and in case you didn't know...the kingdom has been ruling for a hundred years already. We can tell this by the wonderful Spiritual Paradise we now have. People are "streaming" into Jehovahs organization. The focus is on the number of people coming in with no mention of how many are going out. You can tell this is Jehovahs organization because nobody else is translating the kingdom message in so many languages. I think they mentioned like 700 languages or something. It's obvious to me that they are working hard to have a bragging statistic to broadcast - since percentage of growth is not available.

Anyway, thanks for reading my rants.

-TE

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I think I like you when you drink, if this is the result : )

Those poor pioneers, when they hit 55 years old and realize

they have wasted their life and will live in poverty in retirement.

But not the Governing Body who have built themselves a huge compound

with everything they need and people to wait on them without having to

pay salaries to anyone for their years of service. They still use the term

"Spiritual Paradise" ? And people still swallow this ? Incredible.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Dumbass Elder? Are there any other kind?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

• clarity
    clarity

"the kingdom has been ruling for a hundred years

already."

Oh wow...I thought we were supposed to be burying

bodies for the first hundred years! All that the WT

has buried is the old literature! No bodies yet!

LOL

clarity

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Why do you dis the spiritual paradise and the spiritual men with their spiritual fruit (minus the stones)?

You are speaking abusively of the "glorious ones".

You are making Jehovah very sad.:(

But you are making me giggle like a schoolgirl, so keep up the goodwork.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I don't know how you can do it, I think I would come home and drink too and I rarely drink. I would have such a hard time listening to all of the crap. It had been 23 months that we faded and I remember the last year we were in I would leave the KH so agitated and then the panic attacks started. I get upset reading about their nonscense so I can't imagine actually being there, I would be afraid I would say something out loud. Lol!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It's a cult, ....just walk away head held high and save yourself a whole lot of wasted years and stress.

Almost everyone on here wishes they got out sooner, they saw the signs years or decades before but ignored or suppressed them.

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry for the abuse, direct and indirect. My husband was an elder and I saw how much more abusive they were with elders than the r&f.

*** w08 1/1 p. 9 When Will God’s Kingdom Come? ***

Now, God’s appointed King is ruling in the midst of his enemies. (Psalm 110:2)

*** w06 5/1 p. 27 par. 3 Loyally Serving Christ the King ***

Yes, since 1914 the good news of the Kingdom has taken on a thrilling new aspect. Christ has actively been ruling as King of God’s heavenly Kingdom, although “in the midst of [his] enemies.” (Psalm 110:1, 2; Matthew 24:14; Revelation 12:7-12

*** w99 1/15 p. 11 par. 6 Are Your Prayers “Prepared as Incense”? ***

Fellow believers can well pray that such ones rekindle or bolster their faith in the Scriptural evidence that Christ’s presence began in 1914 when Jehovah installed him as heavenly King and that he is ruling in the midst of his enemies. (Psalm 110:1, 2; Matthew 24:3)

*** w80 12/15 p. 18 par. 2 Are You a Loyal Proclaimer of God’s Kingship? ***

We know that the presence of Jesus as a king in power, ruling in the midst of his enemies, has been a fact since 1914, because we have seen “the sign.”—Ps. 110:1; Heb. 10:12, 13; Matt. 24:14.

*** w60 3/1 p. 158 Furthering Reconciliation with Perfect Government ***

Fulfillment of Bible prophecy shows that God’s kingdom has been ruling in the midst of its enemies since 1914.

*** w50 10/1 p. 352 par. 12 “Droop Not Your Hands” ***

In 1914 he took his great power and began ruling as King toward our earth, where we spiritual Israelites and persons of good will are located. The kingdom of God, prayed for so many centuries, has at last been established; and in convincing demonstration of that fact Jehovah God has seated his anointed Son Jesus Christ on the royal throne to rule now and until the battle of Armageddon in the midst of his enemies

*** w93 5/1 p. 11 par. 4 Shedding Light on Christ’s Presence ***

In our day, then, what is meant by the Biblical expression “the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ”? (1 Thessalonians 5:23) One authority comments that the term “presence,” pa·rou·si ′ a, “became the official term for a visit of a person of high rank, esp[ecially] of kings and emperors visiting a province.” So this expression refers to the royal presence of the Lord Jesus Christ as King, from and after 1914, following his enthronement in heaven. He is present invisibly to ‘go subduing in the midst of his enemies,’ actively ruling as King to fulfill this prophetic command. (Psalm 110:2) For some 79 years, humans on earth have been experiencing the effects of Christ’s invisible royal presence.

*** w89 9/1 p. 14 par. 12 Organizing Now for the Thousand Years to Come ***

The Kingdom that would vindicate Jehovah’s universal sovereignty and sanctify his holy name had been established in heaven in 1914, and Jesus Christ was ruling in the midst of his enemies. This was the grand good news to be preached with all available means for advertising the King and his Kingdom!

*** w85 7/1 p. 20 par. 9 Jehovah’s Goodness in “the Final Part of the Days” ***

Jehovah’s people on earth did not immediately understand all of this. However, their search for ‘David our king’ was climaxed when The Watch Tower of March 1, 1925, published the article “Birth of the Nation.” This set forth conclusive proof, based on Revelation chapter 12, that Jehovah’s Messianic Kingdom had been born in the heavens in 1914 and that Christ is now ‘ruling in the midst of his enemies.’—Psalm 110:1, 2, King James Version; 2:1-6.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WMF,

Right on. I remember when they changed the generation teaching around 1995, I think. My brain was like, " WTH?? They are stalling and don't know what they are doing.". I was young and had a baby, and I was working my a** off. Sometimes it takes a while to get out, if you are going to.

Back then we did not even have the net. I could never have learned TTATT in the same accelerated manner. The Borg are circling the wagons and I think the internet has a lot to do with it. It seems that people are streaming to JW.NET as Satan speeds up the work! LOL!!

• metatron
    metatron

There are many elders unhappy with the new arrangements from the Society. It's gonna be fascinating to watch.

You should claim illness and quit. You'll go nuts trying to exist otherwise.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit