My First "Publication Free" Study...

by HeyThere 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

galaxie.....thank you. i hope he wakes up. its not looking good and is quite frustrating. heis acting brain washed. his dub upbringing is clear. i will keep trying.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

ann...oh you are so right that is exactly how it went down!

i actually compared it to transplants and other such procedures....i reminded her that all medical procedures have a risk associated with them. i will focus on the vaccines and such next time...where in the bible does it break down fractions? she will be stumped.

she is planning to continue this blood discussion next week. i may just ask about menstruation. us ladies aremt exactly pouring it out in the dirt....why would jehovah make us bleed so much? just want to hear her response to that...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

"We must serve Jehovah in truth, as revealed in his Word and made clear in the publications of "the faithful and discreet slave." Watchtower 1996 May 15 p.18

-- w12 11/15 p. 17 par. 9 Cultivate the Spirit of a Lesser One

A humble person has heartfelt gratitude for Jehovah’s provisions, including spiritual food. Hence, such an individual is a diligent student of the Bible and an avid reader of the Watchtower and Awake! magazines. Like many other faithful servants of Jehovah, he may make it a practice to read each new publication before putting it away on a bookshelf in his personal library. When we manifest humble appreciation by reading and studying our Bible-based publications, we make spiritual advancement, and Jehovah is able to use us more fully in his service.

-- w13 4/15 p12 par 11 Do not tire out

Jehovah has provided a bounteous supply of written spiritual food to give us strength. No doubt, you can think of a time when after reading a publication, you thought: ‘That is exactly what I needed! It is as if Jehovah had that written just for me!’ That is not a coincidence. Through these provisions, Jehovah does instruct and guide us.

Yes. God is so crap at telling people what he wants he has employed a bunch of paedophile loving men in America to get it all wrong and confusing with authority.

Hence JW's will prefer to rely on the 'publications(tm)' as they have no idea what the paedophile loving Governing body in Brooklyn are talking about.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

and they do totally pound in "spiritual food" aka "publications" at every opportunity! i think i know how to pass the tike at upcoming meetings! keep track of how many imes such sayings are used!

spiritual food

fds

spirit.guided organization

• Londo111
    Londo111

Good work, Heythere!

• jgnat
    jgnat

HeyThere, the work of Steve Hassan, my own exited husband, and recent articles indicates that direct confrontation rarely works against a firmly held erroneous belief. You've seen this in action with your study leader. As soon as the cultist starts repeating "I know it is the truth" or something similar, it is the cultic part of the personality trying to reassert itself.

As counter-intuitive as it may seem, the fastest way to help a person give themselves permission to look at alternative viewpoints is talk about NON-DOCTRINAL stuff. Address their natural selves, remind them of successes and interests in their past, their likes and personality. A confident, relaxed person is better primed to look at new information.

Then, don't force-feed your discoveries. Just insert a question or thought for them to mull over.

I strongly suggest you read Hassan's latest book before you try and sway your husband back out of the Witnesses.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

jgnat, good idea. i ordered old wt pubs and such, but nothing about cult recovery. i completely messed up when i talked to my husband, and it appears i pushed him further in...and he is nearly shunning me now in a way...he is just different. i hate this cult. they are playing with peoples lives cruely while saying over and over how loving the arrangment is...loving provision of turning people against those who truly love them.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

HeyThere: i pushed him further in...and he is nearly shunning me now in a way...he is just different.

You are witnessing cognitive dissonance in action. Unfortunately, it almost always resolves in favor of maintaining current beliefs--even though demonstrable proven false--instead of rejecting them.

HeyThere: i hate this cult. they are playing with peoples lives cruely while saying over and over how loving the arrangment is...loving provision of turning people against those who truly love them.

True dat!

jgnat's suggestion of reading Steven Hassen's books is a great one. In particular, I recommend:

RTB

• bennyk
    bennyk

Posted by bulldozer (9/19/2006):

***g99 8/22 p.31 Are Blood Transfusions Really Necessary?***

Blood is an organ of the body, and blood transfusion is nothing less than an organ transplant.

*********************************************************************************

Perhaps this was intended to introduce a change in the Blood policy?

***g00 1/8 Pioneers in Medicine***

[Footnote]

Jehovah's Witnesses view organ transplant operations as a matter of individual conscience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit