Why the big fuss?

by Marilyn 13 Replies latest jw friends

• airwlk149
    airwlk149

they can't let go. if they do and people start seeing that they are wrong it may cause everyone to see the light. that's why the people who go are "apostates" and NOBODY should talk to them. my little brother can't talk to me because my mom qouted a proverb "he that has dealings with the stupid one will fare badly" and i am the stupid one...

thank god i'm out-
    katie

• gumby
    gumby

Path: "I think many Witnesses hate to see people "get away" with something. They have a very vengeful sense of justice. Plus, most don't exactly love meetings and service and when you skip out on these things and are actually enjoying life, I think they are a little envious and angry that you are presently going "unpunished".

This is absolutely true!

Remember the picture they would portray in the Watchtower of the guy who was disfellowshipped? His hair was messy, looked like he hadn't shaved in a week, looked like he just crawled out from under some damn bridge somewhere?

Well.....when the dubs see us Apostates with jobs, laughing, smiling, ....it gripes their butts big time. They, as you said....want to see us suffer a bit for "turning away from Jehovah"

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

I think it's a combination of losing control over somebody, and the instilled belief that nobody can or would just leave without some wrongdoing of some sort. So being what they are trained to be they go looking for the dirt and either regain control of the person or oust them officially. It's a ridiculous cycle I think.

-Rick

• rmayer32
    rmayer32
    my little brother can't talk to me because my mom qouted a proverb "he that has dealings with the stupid one will fare badly" and i am the stupid one...

Katie,
    I think the person that reasons that way to not have dealings with you because you don't go to their meetings would qualify as the "stupid one" certainly not you.

-Rick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit