Do any of you get scared when there's a major storm/occurence?

by mellojello 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• mellojello
    mellojello

I never used to care for storms or anything like that but ever since I learned about JWism, I would get scared everytime there's a big storm.....Does this happen to any of you? If so, how did you deal with it?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Maybe you thought the loud noises were the start of the Big A.

My Godmother always got under the covers when their used to be heavy thunder and lightning.

• mellojello
    mellojello

Yeah lol I did. Now adays I try to reason myself through it but the fear and all that big A talk/fears is still here.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

do I get scared when there is a major storm, well no. if there was an F5 tornado heading my way, well yes. If a 9-11 event takes place, not really, I just realize that the Dubs will hop back on their bandwagons hyping it up to the "last days" nonsense.

• DJS
    DJS

Storms kinda sorta excite me. The only thing that really scares me is my ex wife's lawyer.

• mellojello
    mellojello

LOL @ DJS. That would scare me too.

@Beth that's a good way to look at it. A great way actually...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

No. I don't get scared but then what is a major storm where I live? Thunder and lightening. Gale force winds and the usual British rain.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

During big rainstorms, as a kid I used to think "This is it. Here it comes!!!"...and it never did. Now I really enjoy a good thunderstorm.

As for major occurrences, I did hope 9/11 was the start of the big 'A' although I knew it wasn't.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I make the connection between the LIE-ble, Israel not getting its way, and disasters. Seems that every time there is a major disaster, it is shortly after Israel didn't get its way. And this is through a curse that was put on us through that LIE-ble, and thus the more LIE-bles are in circulation, the worse those disasters are going to be. Of course, since it is not politically correct to discuss that connection, the lamestream media always mentions the disasters out of context with what is going on in the Middle East. Yet, if you decode it, the prophesies are right there in that damnation book--throughout the whole book.

If I am at work, I tell the storm "A little less banging around and a lot more blacking us out!". Then I can hope the generator goes dead, and perhaps use my Fenix HP20 light to either work or guide myself out of the place.

• Woody22
    Woody22

I do not get scared at a normal storm, but if there is very high winds I do get worried

only because of the damage it can do to my property, nothing to do with the big "A".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit