Why so many unbelieving spouses?

by garyneal 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Men tend to be more critical and willing to do more research, woman like the love bombing. In the curent hall i was attending 3 males started attending with thier already in wives. One because he had left her and then desided he wasnt happy after all, another were the marriage has had problems so he going threw the motions to show his wife he has changed and the last one an older retired guy that retired with no friends from work so why not start going to the church the wifes and kids go to to have ready made friends.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'm not sure if men are more likely to think critically. I just think that there's a positive draw for women (the socialization) and most men just don't get a lot out of that. The men that I see joining the religion of their own accord (not after their wife joins) are all very people-oriented and needy for company.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Men who are already married tend to put a premium on freedom, and mainline churches have a much more indulgent attitude toward dissent. I know Hebrew, Greek, and Classical Ethiopic so there isn't any bald-faced empty suit from the Old Witchtower that can teach me about scripture.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

bait n switch ;-) but really I think it hapens a good bit

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

I agree with LostGeneration. Mix marriages are very common in most churches. They just generate more strain when one party is a JW, because the JW are so obnoxious.

This is one reason that JW make no sense to most Protestants. We deal with these sort of issues all the time without many problems. We learn how to manage differences of opinions. It is only when you throw a JW into the mix that you encounter real division and strife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit