You Americans are the friendliest people I've met

by not bitter 30 Replies latest jw friends

• not bitter
    not bitter

........ well at least the ones I encountered on my recent holiday to Orlando.

Now I know that its a tourist destintion so everyone working in the hotels and parks are on their best behaviour. But I have been to tourist towns here in the UK and Europe but not one is on a par with you guys.

My husband and I haven't stopped talking about to anyone that wants to listen. Not just talking about Disney but mostly the lovely friendly people.

People here say please and thankyou but not in the same way. Its all very serious and a bit forced. I don't know if its the constant sunshine in Florida or if its just in your nature as Americans. Anyway we loved it. Very patriotic. I'm patriotic to a degree but we witnessed it on a whole different level over there.

Maybe all the sunny states are friendly and the colder states are more like here in the UK. Or maybe you are all positive and friendly all of the time. I just know that I loved it.

As you can tell we had a fantastic time and are already saving hard to go back.

Anyway just thought I share with you how happy we were visiting your country.

• Laika
    Laika

Agreed, Americans are ace. :)

• jam
    jam

Have you ever been to NY?? Don't go, NY is the most unfriendliest

place I ever visit. Rude, rude, rude people. LOL

• mrquik
    mrquik

If you notice NY and Britain have the same overcast, rainy, snowy & generally unpleasant weather. Ship us all to Florida & we'll be pleasant too.

• not bitter
    not bitter

Parisians are the same. A right rude miserable lot.

Weather must have a lot to do with it.

• Londo111
    Londo111

It is definitely regional. This is likely “Southern Hospitality”.

• VIII
    VIII

People in the south do seem to be very friendly, overall. In the northern states, not as much. Glad you enjoyed your visit!

• jam
    jam

I was in NY three days, cursed out twice on the sub-way and

kicked out of a restaurant. I believe when 10000 people live in one

block it create attitude problems.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I live in small town Pennsylvania. People hold doors for you, say thank you, wave a greeting when you drive down the road. Most people are really nice, with the occasional ass thrown in for good measure.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

So Jam - you were cursed out twice on the subway and even kicked out of a restaurant here in NYC? Were you absolutely innocent in both situations, especially getting kicked out of a restaurant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit