Has Anyone Heard Whether The New JW Bible Is Liked As Much As The Old One?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

LOL on missing the green Bible.

I miss the red one!

But then again, I didnt even like it when my remote control quit working and I had to get a new one....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They all love the first section to use in the ministry!

It kinda has more appeal that the actual bible text to the average witness...makes service easier cos they dont have to think of things to say...just turn to an opening section and regurgitate the bullet points

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

The honeymoon is already over.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Hate the new one. Leaves me cold.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

In fact I hate it almost as much as the new songbook, it's very apt for JWs- cold, hollow, robotic.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh...sparrowdown...Dont you like the propagandaish, monotonous, dumbed down songs??

Not even the blatent, indoctrinating ones for the kiddies??

I'm shocked at your lack of love for everything from "the table of Jehovah!"

Sparlock must have affected your faith....

(ok, so im in a sarcastic mood today...)

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Nasty, nasty ungrateful Sparrow- you have made Jehoobie very sad, mean and mad.

Now we will have another rainy summer, no sunshine and thunder. Seriously tho, the new translation sucks. They don't indicate where words and the name of the Stone Age death god have been added, and they have decided to edit out passages that in the past were left in and the reader cd draw own conclusions on authenticity. Gad help you if you still use the old NWT, which was the bestest, even though marshmallows did not exist in Job's day.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Not heard a thing.

I wonder what has been manipulated to enforce cult doctrine, get the GB money and power and protect perverts in the congregations??

• minimus
    minimus

I've heard the songbook sucks too.

• cha ching
    cha ching

My sister, an artist... and never baptized, but raised a witness, now a non-believer, says it is 'depressing.'

When I asked why, she said that the color is depressing, and the feel of the skin of the bible reminds her of human skin, and of when the Nazi's use to use human skin for lamp shades, etc.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit