The great British Weather

by FL_Panthers 13 Replies latest social humour

• FL_Panthers
    FL_Panthers

anyone else getting a bit tired of being wetted upon?

I've sort of had enough already, suede shoes in the rain is not not a good idea.

bah.

on the plus side, it's fun for fish

• Laika
    Laika

Ha, yeah, Florida it ain't!

You get used to it when you live here. :)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

As we say: 'Nice weather for ducks.'

We Brits are always moaning about the weather....you can see why.

• zebagain
    zebagain

In a lot of drought stricken Australia we welcome the rain! Unless you are in the parts that flooded the year before last and last year too or the bits that burnt to the ground with wild fires.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yes precipitation here too this morning. Didn't we have a gorgeous early spring though? My garden looks beautiful, full of flowers because of the sunshine we had in April. Where oh where has it gone!

• KateWild
    KateWild

British women hate it because it messes their hair up. It's sunny one minute and then it storms down. Not like Florida much, but I thought in the summer you get lots of rain due to the humidity, don't you?

Kate xx

• outforever
    outforever

ah shame! was looking at Sky news this morning and yes for you guys it is all rain. I am in South Africa, Durban and we are sort of into winter - but the sun is shining and do not have to wear a jacket. Wonderful!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i like the british weather with its changeableness.

i have lived in a warm and sunny place and found it was somewhat boring. day after day of the same warm sun, blue skies. i have also lived in a place where the winters were very cold and long and summers were very hot and humid.

• not bitter
    not bitter

I'm longing for the Florida sunshine. Sunshine makes me happy.

Its so dank, dreary, dull, grey and depressing here in wet Wales

• FL_Panthers
    FL_Panthers

Bank holiday in London was terrible. And I can't wear suede which is a negative

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit