If you reject the existence of the soul then you are an Animist?

by Seraphim23 149 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

exactly fink.... they are based on the animation of the living stopping and the ignorance of why and what changed. The assumption being the inner you, the soul departing. I see why they thought it.... but in 2014, such ideas are hope and faith alone, evidence has shown us exactly why and what happens. Just as all living organisms cease to function so do we. Does a soul depart a dead tree, a dead bacterium? A dead pig?

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I’m talking about truth in terms of mathematics not the physical universe. There is a difference! In point of fact the word ‘prove` and `proof` formally only applies to mathematics and not science. It is a truth to say in mathematics that A x B will always be the same as B x A. There is likely more truths in mathematics awaiting discovery but they can be proved true or false and not all mathematics applies to the universe.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Did you know the moon is exactly 75,000 zingabumbums smaller than the sun, but 75,000 zingabumbums nearer to us than the sun...so it fits perfectly over it...

See, there is a god!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

That is because we have said what 'multiply' means, so A x B is the same as B x A, but A - B is not equal to B - A.

SO WHAT! we made the rules of math! They work because we made them and we are simply using them to describe what is logical and evident.

Where on earth do you crowbar a soul into ANY of this?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

o.k. that is me done.... tapping out. Have fun xxxxx

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Thanks for the discussion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ironically the thought of souls stems from human imagination together with emotive theory.

Since there never has been any human experience to back any of these claims, that is where it rests

until proven otherwise.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

For the purposes of this discussion soul is synonymous with consciousness.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well my consciousness tells me that souls do not exist so therefore I must be dead.

Walks out the back door with a smile on face.

• Seraphim23

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit