We are escaping reality! It is time for our LONG-AWAITED vacation!! :)

by Faithful Witness 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Each May, my husband takes me to the most wonderful place. We escape to the jewel of our state, a small island where there are no cars, and the life is slow-paced and so relaxing. We explore the history of the island, and the part it played in the American Revolution. We stay at a luxury hotel, where I thoroughly enjoy the experience of being SERVED and treated like royalty.

Five course dinners, fancy evening receptions, mints on our pillows at night... AHHHHH, take me away! The sound of the waves, and the clip-clop of horses going past day and night. It is absolute bliss! If you ever have a chance to visit Mackinac Island in Michigan, DO IT! My favorite place in the world, and it's only a few hours away!

This year, we are taking our 6 and 7 year old with us, so it will be a little different... less of an escape, and more of an adventure. I've already mourned the loss of my freedom from "Mom, mom, mom!" (haha) We plan to have a splendid time. We are bringing our bikes, and will bike around and explore trails and beaches... picnic at the top of the fort.

For the next 2 days, I am packing and making sure the house is properly set for our absence and (UGH) return. I'm already dreading the fact that we have to come home!

I wish you all well!

I'm sad to know that my parents will leave for their International Convention, on the morning after our return... I was hoping to see them before they go, and ask them about some of those speeches they are preparing to sit through. I guess I will have to hear about it after the fact... assuming they come out alive, of course, and still want to speak to me. ;)

Not bragging or anything, but this is my one and only escape each year, and I am so glad to finally be going (although I sort of wish it was not already here, and therefore almost over... haha). I will be eating lots of fudge, and forgetting about my worries for a whole week. What a Grand experience we will all be having!

It is also a theme weekend, where we participate in a re-enactment of the Titanic's final dinner and the crash. We all get boarding passes of actual passengers, and then find out after dinner, whether we survived or not. We are renting costumes, and dressing for the big gala on Saturday night. It will be so fun to see how the kids react! I love my family, and I love this chance to get away with them. Life really is good!

Bon Voyage!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Oh Faithful Witness, It sounds like so much fun!

Yes, when you get back, definately tell us if you were a Titanic Survivor!

Wouldn't it be fun to play Unsinkable Molly Brown?

Enjoy, relax, let the cares of the day... go away.

(((Hugs to you and your little family)))

LoisLane

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That sounds like a great vacation!

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit