Shepherd the Flock Book - Did Your Wife or Other Family Member Find It?

by jw07 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

A freind of mine attended MTS school and was appointed an elder right before going. He gave he his flock book and told me if I wanted to make copies go for it. "might help me out of a jam someday" is what he said. Yep.......MTS school.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

wow, at MTS school yet amazing

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They claim that the book has nothing printed in it that hasnt appeared elsewhere in the litterature, so youre not missing anything.

What they really dont want you to see is all the written notes in the margins, dished out at elduhs school.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I was curious about it when I was a JW sister. I never saw one but refered to it loads when talking to elder friends. I would say things like "Does it say something about that in your elders book?" Some used to refer to it when we spoke of specifics. One even said to me it's all about love, he was a loving elder and stepped down after a while.

After I read it my curiosity was satisfied, and I realised why a lot of things happened they way they did. IMO it's all about keeping JWs in line and oppressed, they use the term "keeping the congregation clean". Puke, vomit and clearly loaded language to try and fool elders into thinking they are doing good. Some relish in the power and others step down when they realise it's all a facade, I don't think that many are actually fooled.

Kate xx

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just read it online!

I did, and it has equipped me in advance to see when they are employing certain tactics in discussions etc...

Makes me able to fend off anything before they get too far...

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

my ex was an elder I read the entire book, well the old one.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Finding my husband's elders book, whatever it was called then, in a drawer at home, was part of my journey to see TTATT. There was a part in it about trying to prove a sister has committed adultery which involved sitting outside a house watching her. Thought it was one of the weirdest things I ever read.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

yes Xanthippe

I agree! That has to be one of the dumbest parts!

I mean, just because someone stays in the same house overnight doesnt mean they are 'having sex'!

(my wife is in the same house as me overnight, and we dont often 'have sex')

Plus what if two of the same gender are in the house? does that mean they are also 'committing fornication'??

Seriously stupid stuff hey!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

(my wife is in the same house as me overnight, and we dont often 'have sex')

LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit