A comment to make witnesses ears prick up and think.

by stuckinarut2 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I think if I ever find myself in a group of Witnesse, they might be more concerned with me stabbing them in the eye, but between slashes, YES, I'll be sure to bring this up because although it's a bit cynical, it is fairly accurate.

I remember my mother saying how she thought gay men who are moved to suicide will at least get another chance when god resurrects them.

I thought, "Wow. How loving."

And presumptuous. Today gay men who kill themselves get resurrected, but who knows... tomorrow NEW LIGHT will state that they will not.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

i heard friends joke about using pitchforks to clean up all the dead bodies

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Wait a minute ... when I was growing up, the only ones they said would be ressurected, were the ones who had not been witnessed to yet. I was always taught that when we went out "witnessing from door to door", it was to "separate the sheep from the goats" and of course, the goats would be destroyed. Has this changed?

Seriously, they talked about worldly people being destroyed A LOT!

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

" oh well, that's a few less people jehovah has to kill at Armageddon.....so don't be upset!...at least they now get a resurrection"

Yeah, and in a twisted sort of way, wouldn't that be GOOD news?

Phae

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ Wild_Thing asked: " "witnessing from door to door", it was to "separate the sheep from the goats" and of course, the goats would be destroyed. Has this changed?"

Yes - "separate the sheep from the goats" will be done by Jesus during the great tribulation.

*** w13 7/15 pp. 6-7 pars. 11-13 “Tell Us, When Will These Things Be?” ***
    11 In the mid-1990’s, The Watchtower reexamined Matthew 25:31, which states: “When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne.” It was noted that Jesus became King of God’s Kingdom in 1914, but he did not “sit down on his glorious throne” as Judge of “all the nations.” (Matt. 25:32; compare Daniel 7:13.) However, the parable of the sheep and the goats describes Jesus primarily as Judge. (Read Matthew 25:31-34, 41, 46.) Since Jesus was not yet active as Judge of all nations in 1914, his judgment of people as sheep or goats could not have started in that year. When, then, will Jesus’ judgment begin?
    12 Jesus’ prophecy about the last days reveals that he will for the very first time act as Judge of all nations after the destruction of false religion. As mentioned in paragraph 8, some of the events that will occur during that time are recorded at Matthew 24:30, 31. When you examine those verses, you will note that Jesus there foretells events that are similar to the ones he mentions in the parable of the sheep and the goats. For example, the Son of man comes with glory and with angels; all tribes and nations are gathered; those judged as sheep “lift [their] heads up” because “everlasting life” awaits them. Those judged as goats “beat themselves in lamentation,” realizing that “everlasting cutting-off” awaits them.—Matt. 25:31-33, 46.

13 So, then, what can we conclude? Jesus will judge people of all nations as sheep or goats when he comes during the great tribulation. Then, at Armageddon, the climax of the great tribulation, the goatlike ones will be ‘cut off’ forever. How does that understanding affect our view of our ministry? It helps us to see how important our preaching work is. Until the great tribulation begins, people still have time to change their thinking and start walking on the cramped road “leading off into life.” (Matt. 7:13, 14) To be sure, people may now display a sheeplike or a goatlike disposition. Nevertheless, we should remember that the final judgment of who are sheep and who are goats is during the great tribulation. Therefore, we have good reason for continuing to offer as many people as possible the opportunity to listen to and respond to the Kingdom message.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Quendi - Just to review, its a Cult.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It depends who you talk to but at the end of the day the JW logic is twisted so that no matter what happens their corporation and pervert lovers in Brooklyn are never wrong.

JW has a tradgedy = chance and unforseen circumstance

JW has something great happen = a blessing from Jehovah®

Worldly person® has a tradgedy = Jehovah's® punishment

Worldly person® has something great happen = Satan looking after his own

They'd better stop preaching then sock puppet in the sky won't lovingly murder 'worldly people®' because they didn't take a watchtower®.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Yes, villagegirl, it is a cult, but that doesn't mean we have to resort to cheap sarcasm in our responses to its members. Sarcasm has its place, but it seems to me that it should be among the last approaches we should use and not the first. Otherwise, we are no better than the cultists we disagree with. I understand why many think it is appropriate because of the pain and suffering they, friends or family have endured from cult members. Nevertheless, I would think that those of us who have been afflicted by Jehovah's Witnesses would hold ourselves to a higher standard.

Jesus told us to love our enemies and pray for those who mistreat us. Lashing out in the manner the original poster and those agreeing with him or her does against Witnesses does not conform to that kind of love in my opinion. I'm sure many will strongly disagree with me about this and they are entitled to their point of view. But as has been stated elsewhere, some of us think that it is not just the cult's leaders who are incorrigible, but all of their followers are as well and should be treated as beneath contempt. That is not a course I wish to follow.

Quendi

• Ding
    Ding

It should make them think.

It may make some of them think.

It probably won't have any effect on most of JWs.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

A typical saying around my neck of the woods when someone died was " oh well, one more for the resurrection".

Yes JWs are that callous and heartless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit