A comment to make witnesses ears prick up and think.

by stuckinarut2 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So the next time you are in a group of witnesses and discussion about a sad event where people died occurs (such as a car accident, natural disaster etc), just casually say:

" oh well, that's a few less people jehovah has to kill at Armageddon.....so don't be upset!...at least they now get a resurrection"

That will make witnesses think!

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

No, I don't think it will. You are giving them far too much credit to think they will "think".

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have heard JWs express that exact same point, with no irony whatsoever. For the most part most JWs do not see the cruelty in their beliefs.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

yeah, lemme know how that goes for you!

• blondie
    blondie

I heard that said by some...I suggested then we would be doing people at the door a favor by killing them, using the concealed carry law to good advantage. A jw serial killer would be doing people a good service.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I have heard witnesses joke about not wanting to stand next to somebody who was going to be destroyed at Armageddon because they might splatter. The organization has been ... for a very long time ... ingraining in their members sweet dreams of mass annihilation and birds pecking out the eyes of the evil, and Jehovah's people having the privilege of cleaning up their dead bodies.

They have become desensitized to how wrong their fantasies are.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, I guess you are all correct...they won't realise the sarcasm of the comment, or get the point that is trying to be made.....

Talk about "blinded minds"!

• Quendi
    Quendi

In my more than thirty years' association with the cult, I never heard any Witness utter those words or express those kinds of sentiments. Maybe my experience was unusual, but most of the Witnesses I knew were not so heartless and/or callous. They may have hated field service and the preaching work, but they did not think that people's deaths at Armageddon was something to casually dismiss. Nor did they think that death due to the circumstances of this world was a good thing unless it meant that the victims would be resurrected into the new order. As a matter of fact, when discussing such events, the more common sentiment was that such people were covered by the ransom sacrifice and would almost certainly get a resurrection. I myself would never say such a thing sarcastically or otherwise. There are other ways of exposing the bankruptcy of Witness theology than this way.

Quendi

• Fernando
    Fernando

I think there is definite merit in devil's advocate strategies.

Spot on with this one stuckinarut2.

One imagines that carefully choosing one's audience will increase mileage.

• jam
    jam

Please blondie don't give my JW family members any idea,

"A JW serial killer for Jehovah". I know a couple of brothers that

wouldn't take much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit