Did the GB ever receive new light without the passage of time forcing it upon them?

by Zoos 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zoos
    Zoos

1914 did not bring the end they were hoping for so new light shone down from above and corrected their understanding.

1925 also led to unfulfilled expectations and so new light was bestowed.

(I could go through all the dates and expectations... but I won't.)

What if the new light about 1914 being the year that Christ returned was provided BEFORE 1914? Might that have provided some credibility to those claiming to be the mouthpiece of God? Is there any example in the bible where God let an operation error to go to his true servants until the passage of time required him to set matters straight?

• Magnum
    Magnum

Been thinking about this a lot lately and was going to start a topic about it. All the big stuff is after the fact; it's like "OK that was wrong; now let's go to plan B." Then they have to make up something to make it seem like they have new light and now have it right. As somebody said on this forum in the last year or so, they're always reactive, not proactive. In other words, they just are forced to react to their failure, so they have to come up with something else. Why couldn't they be proactive and get the new light before they are made to look foolish?

The "generation" doctrine is a good example. Only after they saw that they were wrong about it, after time ran out on them, did they come up with "new light". Why, if their is a creator and JWs are his people, would he let them fail like that and then destroy people for not giving up their lives and following and obeying them exclusively and bowing before them? It would give them more credibility if they'd get this info before they're backed into a corner and have to find out through failure that they're wrong.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

If the governing body only talked about these things, that would be one thing.

But they insist that they are "right" even when they are wrong, and they never,ever,

acknowledge the harm and impact of their "sole channel" claims and insistence on "obedience"

to every zig-zag they make, has had on the long term lives of jws. They never say "We were

wrong, and we apologize" " We made a mistake that caused others harm and we are sorry"

They always try to blame it on the "rank and file" who "misunderstood" what they said.

Deut 18:20 shows the test for a False Prophet . If they predict something and it does not happen

then they are a False Prophet. You are not supposed to follow false prophets. So your clinging

to an "organization" that God considers a False Prophet. False doctrines, false predictions,

equals false religion. The "governing body" are not who they say they are. They are not the

"sole channel of communication" between Man and God. There is no Biblical proof any "organization"

is needed to represent God, the word "organization" does not appear in the Bible at all, anywhere.

If this was so important don't you think Jesus would have mentioned it ? Jesus said he alone

was the sole channel, the mediator to all mankind, not some made up class divisions.

Deuteronomy 18:20 But any prophet who speaks in the name of other gods,

or who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded

the prophet to speak—that prophet shall die.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I believe the paedophile protecting GB don't even belive in god...apart from money.

All the stuff they spout is just to keep power and cash for their more than comfy lifestyle. I recon that when you get that high up the pecking order you know it's a cult and god dorsn't exist. I won't even give those perverted deviants the get out of jail free card of 'delusion'. They know what they are doing. I have my own theory about why they really protect paedophiles.....it's more than just saving the WBT$s reputation....they are protecting their own kind!

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

the sister i studied with said "they admitted they were wrong." about 1975 when I asked about it...my response "well, they kinda had too, since it clearly didnt happen as they said..." she nodded as she thought of the next thing to say...

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

HeyThere- Did she show the article or any written evidence of this alleged "apology" ?

I was there in 1975 and 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979 1980, 1981 ...

and the only thing they did was say something like... "some have gone ahead and

believed certain dates the Armageddon will occur " .... etc etc blaming

the 'misunderstnding on the rank and file.

They never took responsibility or apologized, and in fact thousands sold their houses

and went pioneering and gave all their real estate and money to the society

and impoverished themselves. I knew personally a couple who sold their house

to pioneer, based on the things written about 1975.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

There was a watchtower article that said they can't be sure about what happens until the event actually occurs. I don't remember where it was from, but if I find it I'll quote it. It didn't make sense when I read that. I thought, then what's the point if making future predictions and claiming them to be true, when they aren't even sure about it?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They have over the years made much of the O.T scripture that says God will not do a single thing without telling his servants first.

If they are getting things wrong prediction wise, it ain't god's fault is it ? They must be making those up themselves.

As far as I can see all the New Light is reactive, situations have forced their hand.

Hardly "God's Spirit Directed Organization" is it ?

• Zoos
    Zoos

There was a watchtower article that said they can't be sure about what happens until the event actually occurs.

Simplified: We have no more insight than anyone else.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Good topic - absolutely right. I have mentioned this to my wife a couple of times and you can see the gears of cognative dissonance turning. One day they hopefully will engage....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit