Elder lying in court!

by Batman89 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Batman89
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

He says disfellowshipping with the stigma of shunning, is only " congregationally " then "and I really need to emphasis that. Not the family".

What?????

Thank you for posting.

I cannot listen anymore.

WT/GB tells rank and file, "God is watching you. Better not lie! You will lose Jehovah's protection and blessings, then the demons will get you".

It's all about control and power for men with big egos.

WT/GB lying to scare rank and file OR get out of a Court case.

Shame on them.

Did they forget, lying is a disfellowshipping offense???

LoisLane

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Well done

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I particularly liked that if you bump into each other, it's okay to say Hi!

(30 years an elder)

• jhine
    jhine

marked

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Here are links to the threads started by the JWN poster who was in that courtroom at that time. She provides a little commentary and background, too.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/108549/1/VHS-of-Elder-lying-in-court-need-help-getting-on-net#.U37xPs73dCg

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/108672/1/Elder-video-is-up#.U37xh873dCg

-Aude.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

In part 2 the elder (a PO for over 25 years) on the witness stand is asked by opposing counsel if there is a 'Child Custody Packet' provided by JW Headquarters and the elder replied 'no' and that he had never heard of such a thing.

Guess what?

Each year as far back as May 1991 through 2008 the WTBTS has had the following announcement appear annually in its Kingdom Ministry's:

'A packet of legal material is available to assist publishers who are involved in lawsuits over child custody and visitation matters in which our religion is under attack. The packet should be requested by the body of elders only in a case in which it is evident that the publisher’s religious beliefs will be at issue.'

Either this elder is dumb as a rock or he was just lying through his teeth while under oath!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Did they forget, lying is a disfellowshipping offense???

It's not really lying if you're lying to someone who doesn't deserve to know the truth about the matter.

IOW, you just can't lie to the Elders/CO/DO/WT Branch/GB. Everyone else is on a "need to know" basis and they really do not need to know.

Doc

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Can someone send the letter about the packet directly to the prosecutor?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I remember explaining as the Accounts Servant to the PO certain things that we, as a charity, needed to follow.

He grumbled "Those are just men's rules!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit