The Spirits of God

by Stephen Levi 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Although I am an athiest The Revelation referance to seven spirits is making use of Isaiah 11:2 as bobcat and Perry have pointed out. Before trying to figure out Revelation I would suggest reading Isaiah and Ezekiel because Revelation uses these two texts more that any other.

• Stephen Levi
    Stephen Levi

Revelation, Chapter 1, 4: John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

• Stephen Levi
    Stephen Levi

Revelation, Chapter 3, 1: And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write;These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

• Stephen Levi
    Stephen Levi

Revelation, Chapter 4, 5: And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

• Stephen Levi
    Stephen Levi

Revelation, Chapter 5, 6: And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

• Stephen Levi
    Stephen Levi

Revelation, Chapter 11, 11: And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

• Stephen Levi
    Stephen Levi

1. The Spirit of Life

• Stephen Levi
    Stephen Levi

Revelation, Chapter 19, 10: And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

• Stephen Levi
    Stephen Levi

2. The Spirit of Prophecy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Stephen Levi

Glad to have you on board , you qoute a lot of scriptures refering to many different aspects of the "Spirit" and I`m sorry I`m old and I may be a little dense , so I`m not sure what your point is. You dont clarify your posts.

Can I ask you what your definition of Spirit is ? Can you define it ? Can you describe it ? You qoute Rev. CH.1:4 which mentions 7 spirits , how do these 7 spirits , apparently different spirits , differentiate from each other ?

Then you quote the 7 spirits of God , what are these 7 spirits , how do they differ one from another , can you define them ?

Then their is the spirit of life you quote in Rev.11:11 can you please tell me how this spirit differs from all the other spirits you mention ?

Last but not least is the spirit of prophecy , please tell me and enlighten me what the " SPIRIT" actually is.....Seriously

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit