"No more money, not one red cent!"

by Separation of Powers 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I have a feeling that this new all out money grab is not going over very well with a good size % of R&F thinking the same thing and not fullfilling their 'pressure pledged amount'. In fact I see some very serious repercussions from this move by the GB, I expect contribution to be at all time lows over this blatant money grab of the GB.

I also expect that much more pressure will be put on these Corporation pawns to start coughing up more $$$, making this whole thing go south.

• suavojr
    suavojr

frankiespeakin The R&F will donate more, just wait and see. Some will leave but the rest will stay and praise the GB

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is the chance they will not donate. When that happens, the washtowel will impose individual pledges where each member is tracked. Anyone that under-pledges is hounded to buff the pledge until the hounders feel they cannot do more--leaving them destitute. And, if they welsh on their pledges for any reason, they are subject to other measures from houndings up to and including being sued for breach of contract. Remember, the purpose is not to get the money but to deprive the members of having any money themselves.

My reasoning is that, if there is money to donate to this religion, there is money to buy silver now while the price is still low.

• cha ching
    cha ching

If people's contributions are kept "private", then there is a possibility some may show their real feelings about the WT by not contributing...

This would be a great opportunity to 'vent', especially when you fear speaking out in the wake getting df'd.

Like I say, 'cha ching, cha ching! no more of MY bling!$'

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I see people at my church donating in the plate every week. The plate is full of twenties and hundreds. Three services a week and three different churches. About 200 in each services.

Every week the donation is mentioned in the talk! They even did it at the passover meal how respectful.

And that is not including tithing or extra guilt donations for third world. One year they bought a helicopter for a third world country it changed their style.

All religions pay for their pastors salaries. Some way over fifty thousand a year.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

sarahsmile:

While it is true that other religions suport their pastors, at least the other religions aren't discouraging people from getting college or careers.

ALSO, these other religions are at least useful to the community and provide services: help for the poor, community programs for youth, education. The JW religion provides NOTHING of the sort to anybody!! And their so-called free bible study isn't even a bible study at all but an indoctrination session with their own literature.

In my opinion, a religion should show a material benefit to the public and be useful to the community.

• zebagain
    zebagain

bigmac:

heaven:

well done.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I was always uncomfortable with the money grubbing announcements at assemblies even as a full on jw. I always thought this and thought it was an unchristian thing to do.

I freaked first time they announced credit card facilities at a dc. It wasn't that I was opposed to the practicality of it but rather the ideology and values represented by the machines as being opposed to jw so called values. I never ever told anyone what I really thought. All this was before ttatt ( but not that long) so believe me, there'll be others secretly squirming too.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cha ching - "If people's contributions are kept "private", then there is a possibility some may show their real feelings about the WT by not contributing..."

Never underestimate the power of passive rebellion.

• MysticMage
    MysticMage

Yes not one red ent. I may give them a wooden nickle if I feel like it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit