"No more money, not one red cent!"

by Separation of Powers 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Once you recognize that the contributions you gave for the upkeep of your place of worship have been given to the corporation and will only be used to upkeep your place of worship at their discretion...the caption will become your mantra!

SOP

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

GB said,"Feed ME! instead of the local retired overseer or elders."

Once you realize that some of your unemployed local elders were driving newer cars, you should figure out who paid the bills monthly. It is part of the hidden retirement fund! Shhh,but do not tell the JWs. Let us all just turn our heads!

• Heaven
    Heaven

I took over my Father's financial affairs a little more than 3 years ago as he suffers from dementia. Botchtower has been cut off... permanently. When I went through his accounts I was appalled at how much he was giving them. And he gave his grandchildren nothing.

Within the last 3 years, 2 of 3 of his grandchildren have graduated from College/Uni. They both received money from him. His third grandchild should graduate this year. He, too, will receive a monetary gift from Grampa.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Heaven,

Good for you. My parents are in their 70's, and their grandchildren get gifts often over the last 20 yrs. They have four. They were never JWs. This teaches children to save for their retirement and look after family. Well done.

When I joined WT my dad always said they were a cult and it was all about the money!

Kate xx

• bigmac
    bigmac

i took over my elderly fathers affairs 17 months ago. i discovered he had previously donated a lump sum of £5000 UK sterling--towards a hall purchase fund. that hall was susequently sold off.

he also donated £100 a month out of his pensions.

not any more LOL.

as an aside--he has been in a care home since then.. no elders have been near him in months--just a 90 year old sister who lives nearby. whilst he is physically worn out--his mind is still active. he hasnt attended the last 2 memorials---nor any meetings. there is no watchtower literature in his room--only a bible tucked away somewhere. i wonder if he has finally found TTATT

• Heaven
    Heaven

Kate said: When I joined WT my dad always said they were a cult and it was all about the money!

Kate, you Dad is one smart dude.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

BIGMAC - I asked our Service Overseer recently if he had seen Brother So-and-So in the retirement home. He simply said, No, he hadn't.

Shepherds? Love for one another? Gifts in men? Don't make me sick!!!

• designs
    designs

I remember clearly the last check I ever wrote to Brooklyn.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Absolutely agree.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Separation of Powers - "No more money, not one red cent!"

I also like "Vote with your checkbook."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit