WHY NOT fire Jehovah and hire a BETTER God?

by Terry 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

What kind of God are you looking for?

The one I want to hire has to fill these requirements:

1. Kind to a fault without being a namby-pampy hippy. Solid kindness. Good souled. Helpful without asking a heavy fee.

2. No penis or vagina! I don't want anthropomorphic Gods applying. None of that women-hating nonsense. This job requires a GENUINE DEITY without human form, thoughts, attitudes or emotional baggage.

3. No Byzantine chronologies allowed! Now hear this: if something is worth doing, God, DO IT, DAMMIT! Don't string people along for thousands of years waiting and waiting and speculating and imagining....

4. MAKE YOURSELF CLEAR! Don't use humans to transmit anything. They are full of shit, goofy and unreliable. ANNOUNCE from the sky! We promise to pay attention.

5. Just Get on with it! If there is something you NEED from us--spell it out and be done with it. If you don't really need anything and don't intend to step in and help us out--get that straight with us too. Go on your merry way and let us do the best we can. But, don't flirt and leave us all hot and bothered.

Now is all that too much for you to handle?

In the final analysis, we get the God we deserve.

GOSH DARN IT---I DESERVE THE VERY BEST, so I'm staging an intervention here.

Let everybody know what kind of God you've hired (or fired.)

If a JW approaches you with their ridiculous NWT God with the veins standing out in His neck---just hold up your hand and say:

"I've dumped Jehovah, He wouldn't get up off his Welfare lovin' ass and get to work! He makes promises He doesn't keep."

After all, why stand at a Bus Stop waiting two thousand years for a bus that never comes?

• Shador
    Shador

I nominate Thor. He does what he says he will. As my avatar says, when's the last time you saw an Ice Giant?

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

"This job requires a GENUINE DEITY without human form, thoughts, attitudes or emotional baggage."

you want a God that is impersonal...

Yet...

"Kind to a fault without being a namby-pampy hippy. Solid kindness. Good souled. Helpful without asking a heavy fee."

hmmm...I don't think you've really thought this through :)

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Sigh - no comment.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Shador - too right. Thor is so much more effective than Jehovah and and Jesus, but the FSM is still the one and only true deity, that's why Pirates loved him.

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

LMAO at your Title! Too funny!

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

I just texted. The industry's gone kaput. Ran outta ideas. No more new prototypes forthcoming.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I nominate George Takei.

• clarity
    clarity

I nominate Joe Pesci...

"You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. Joe Pesci. Two reasons; first of all, I think he's a good actor. Ok. To me, that counts. Second; he looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't fuck around. Doesn't fuck around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that god was having trouble with. For years I asked god to do something about my noisy neighbor with the barking dog. Joe Pesci straightened that cock-sucker out with one visit. [George Carlin, from "You Are All Diseased".]

clarity

• Comatose
    Comatose

Great post. :) Agree 100% Terry.

SOLID GOLD -

If a JW approaches you with their ridiculous NWT God with the veins standing out in His neck---just hold up your hand and say:

"I've dumped Jehovah, He wouldn't get up off his Welfare lovin' ass and get to work! He makes promises He doesn't keep."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit