It's Foolish to Believe the Watchtower Will Always Be Around.

by kneehighmiah 57 Replies latest jw friends

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

September 11, 2001. Riding the bus to school that Tuesday morning we discussed the implications of the Monday night football game between the Broncos and the Dolphins. By lunchtime our entire world have changed dramatically. America had passed into a new era that would lead to major changes. And it didn't happen overnight. It happened between breakfast and lunch.

On that day in 2011 a number of other things would have been considered unrealistic. Gay marriage and a black president. Here we are less than 15 years removed from that day and both things have happened. Things change and they change fast. The internet and the Information Age have accelerated change. It is only a matter of time before the WT is thoroughly exposed. Perhaps it will be in a Wikileaks style release of private files. The only reason the organization is still here, is because the internet wasn't invented during the Ray Franz apostasy scare. already the organization cannot recruit new member effectively in developed countries. The organization leadership knows this. They also know they cannot stop negative information. So they try to poison the well of information as being from satan. These methods will only work for so long.

I believe the organization will no longer exist in its current form in 10 years. while the corporation will still exist, the JW religion as it's knowN today will not.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I believe the organization will no longer exist in its current form in 10 years. while the corporation will still exist, the JW religion as it's knowN today will not.

The JWs as I knew them don't exist now as they did 10 years ago so I get your point.

As the Doctor (Dr Who), said: 'Everything has it's time and everything dies.'

Whatever happens to the WBT$ will be driven by money and power for the GB and their lust to protect paedophiles.

• Shador
    Shador

I dunno. A mere decade seems optimistic to me. I do hope I will see it fall in my lifetime (sometime in the next 40-50 years).

• designs
    designs

Read Joseph Campbell's The Power Of Myth, peoples need for religion is still overwhelming, sadly, and as a species we are not done with it yet. Maybe in 400 years it will only be seen as relics in museums but not now. Progress is slow.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I see what you are saying but I feel there will always be those who will cling to it no matter what. I think of my brother who is now 71 years old, in 10 years he wil be 81. If the Wt. was gone or changed really big time I feel he would be one to stick with it because of being to old to change. His hopes all but gone he will reason this is still god's organization. In many ways he has change in his thinking at one time he believed he would never grow old and die now he tells me he and his wife are waiting to die and be ressurected in the future. So I feel the thinking of many will change but the core of this cult will still be around. Still Totally ADD

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

If there are no new converts the religion will die slowly. if a scandal were to happen then more people would exit. Because the religion is so rigid and only accepts devoted members, it could not survive a Catholic Church level scandal. The catholic church survived because most Catholics feel free to go to church without devoting their entire life to the religion or being forced to agree or face expulsion. JWS do not have this option. Being a catholic requires minimal sacrifice. being a jw requires enormous sacrifice. Eventually people will realize it's not worth the sacrifice. They will see top many holes in jw theology to devote all their time to the cause. Vacation pioneering, no fun, no college, paintball or nice televisions. Not worth it. JWs must allow casual members or face extinction soon.

• KateWild
    KateWild

WT will always be around, it's just changing constantly. It will be here in ten years, but look very different. It will still be a cult, and still shunning in ten years. Kate xx

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Maybe all the Governing Body will be in prision just like in the good old days of 1918 and there abouts, but this time instead of interfering with a governments right to muster an army, they will be in for tax fraud, tax evasion, misappriation of funds, and hate crimes committed against former members and their families.

• designs
    designs

Groups investing in higher education (LDS, SDA) seem to ride out the bumps better than groups that shun education (JW).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Frankie - Oh, I wish!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit