jwsurvey.com article that fleshes out the apostate talk

by confusedandalone 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-unbaptized-apostate-of-salem-massachusetts

pretty interesting read. Especially since the one who sparked it is an unbaptized person

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

WT is so paranoid and intolerant of any scrutiny/questioning it now labels someone who's never been a JW an "apostate".

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thanks for sharing.

So sorry her father didn't listen

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

It amazes me to see the level of control that the religion imposes upon people.

It is as if they feel their religion is so important that they can censor everything that its members say. Sure people signup to be members but to feel that gives the leaders carte blanche to control everything they say and do is ridiculous. What is worse is that the elders never sway in pushing the agenda as well. I know as many of them give these talks they are smart enough to realize what is happening. For goodness sake the woman was not even a member.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It really reveals the shaky foundation the WT rests on. Their beliefs and policies are so untenable the only way they can exert any control to limit exposure is to use heavy-handed bullying- even against people who aren't even in the religion!

If WT was as confident in their beliefs as they claim, coming from Jehovahâ„¢ no less, there'd be no reason for the fear.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Interesting read. It's amazing to see the lengths some will go to, to disparage an individuals character. They said she had poor study habits, when in fact her study habits were better that most and that's how she discovered it was a scam.

Kate xx

• Laika
    Laika

I don't know what Cedars does for a living but he should have been an investigative reporter, he does some great work.

• twice shy
    twice shy

This is definetely their M.O., but they can't be sued for slander as they will never be men enough to use someone's name.

I'm glad she was able to walk away with little damage. If she had stayed they (the Elders) would of tag teamed her from the podium. Only she would of known they were speaking of her and she would of been in a mental hell of misery as they cunningly brow beat her from the Jehovah's stage.

Yet, these are Jehovah's appointed people.

Kudos to her for using her good given discernment.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Rochelle calls HQ's in New York is another one....

http://youtu.be/n-2P-rdkGf0

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Maybe they should have just answered her question instead. Let's hope this backfires on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit