The new and improved Watchtower...

by tenyearsafter 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

They direct JWs to go Door-to-door to offer a magazine which tells people about their website which features this same magazine!

It all seems rather silly, don't you think?

That's kind of like calling someone on the phone to let them know you sent them an email.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

And to think at one time they offered books like Babylon The Great Has Fallen, The Finished Mystery, etc. at the doors and now they offer 3rd grade level reading material.

LRG

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

St George of England - Seriously ? They have a dumbed down version of

the dumbed down version ? Since they are focusing on third world countries

this shows their complete lack of respect for non-white people and people in general.

Also evidenced by calling themselves "glorious ones", who can endure this nonsense ?

littlerockguy - I was thinking the same thing - Babylone the Great - a very complicated

book involving convuluted prophesies and history and all sorts of calculations, nonsense,

but at least it was high level nonsense.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

xyz: That's kind of like calling someone on the phone to let them know you sent them an email.

Exactly, only with one more layer of foolishness!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The Watchtower has created a religion out of "dumbing down." I wonder what the end point is in their quest to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

New requirements for baptism:

1) IQ below 90

2) Tunnel vision and selective hearing

3) Acute lack of critical thinking ability

4) Able to respond to pretty, colorful pictures

5) Have a herd mentality

Great comments everyone!!

• St George of England
    St George of England

@villagegirl - Yes I am serious. There are two versions of the "Study" WT. If you look on jw.org they are both there.

Most of the elders in my congregation also have the Simplified WT.

George

• BU2B
    BU2B

I CANT TAKE ANYMORE!! HOW CAN I, RAISED A JW BE EXPECTED AND COMPELLED TO STICK WITH THIS JUVINILE NONSENSE!! IT MAKES A CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG BOOK LOOK ENGAGING BY COMPARISON.

I MEAN COME ON!! A MAGAZINE ABOUT A WEBSITE THAT HAS THE MAGAZINE ON IT?? WHO COULD PRESENT THAT WITH A STRAIGHT FACE!

HOW CAN AN INTELLIGENT OR EDUCATED PERSON BEAR IT?

I too have noticed the last few baptisms I have seen have been the "low hanging fruit" Borderline mentally retarded people. Functional with a drivers license and jobs like bussing tables or serving lunches in the public schools, but simpletons.

I truly believe they are trying to drive all thinking people out, leaving the low IQ most gullible still in. What a stagnant, atrophing, manipulative, sad, pitiful, poisonous, decaying, disgusting scumbag cult.

More and more I gather the courage to walk away and not care if my parents sob, shun me, and tell me how dissapointed they are. I wont care if they have to be institutionalized. I wont care if my wife leaves me! I cannot stay in this spiritual and social gas chamber much longer. I must openly oppose and expose the WT for my 2 kids sake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit