The new and improved Watchtower...

by tenyearsafter 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And it can all be summed up by the classic line in that classic article:

"all of us should be willing to do whatever is asked of us, even if it appears foolish from a human standpoint" (or some crap like that)

"so, we dun wan any ya'lls ta start finking four selves in ya littel braines....jus do wot us tells ya all ta doo"....

• steve2
    steve2

Oubliette, you are highly quotable , summing up beautifully the wearying JW treadmill: Feverish activity that gets them nowhere but round and round and round and round...

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I never understood the "simplified English" Wts. This must have happened after I left. Who is the target audience for this mag/rag?

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I thought it was badly dumbed down when I was in, but this incredibly simple. It is amazing that those "intelligent" ones currently in don't get ill seeing where the WT has gone. I guess it is like the frog in the slowly heating pot of water...they are boiling to death so slowly, they don't even notice!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think you have hit the nail on the head TYA, either it is the slow boil, or they are totally faking it for family reasons.

I remember about 15 years ago an Elder who I rate as intelligent complained to me that all the WT Literature had become "peurile".

I replied that did he not think this was deliberate ? catering to the lowest I.Q ? he said "probably".

As far as I know he is still in, I wonder what he makes of it now ? In comparison the stuff then was quite worthy of the title "Literature", well almost.

I reckon he is only in because all his HUGE extended family are in.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

pu·er·ile

adjective: puerile

childishly silly and trivial.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

[double post]

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I was shocked at how small and flimsy it was

An apt description of both the paper and content.....

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hmmm...

I was hoping you were going to say they were switching to a paper that was much more flammable than previously. Nitrocellulose would be a GREAT medium fot the magazines and the CDs. Every day would be the fourth of July!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I just saw my first Watchtower magazine in about 15 years.

The magazine looks like it was shrunk to about 70% of its original size, about 16 pages, and with very thin semi-glossy paper.

..........................................................We Use Only The Finest Tissue Paper........................Blow Your Nose..

..................................................................For Watchtower Magazines!............................With A Watchtower!!..

......................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit