Picture of the Governing Body's Meeting Room "FYI"

by Iamallcool 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hahaha ... So that is what the "throne" room looks like and those are their throne chairs...

LL

Thanks for the "look, see".

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

That is not the room I cleaned while I was there the room they meet in is much wider the table inside is about 25th long and was rumored to be worth 200k.

I was given special s"solutions" to clean it with...

That is a far less elaborate portrayal for the public

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

This picture is a internal PR illustration. The real GB meeting room was drawn in a recent Watchtower, placing it on top just below Jesus meeting room.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Gorbatchov, the picture as shown above does not display the whole table. I think you were talking about this picture. Right?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Maybe they got new chairs, more comfortable for them.

• Tech49
    Tech49

Ha! I agree, that photo is NOT of their meeting room. That photo is staged to show their humble digs, $129 plastic office chairs, in a small little conference room. Even that photo above, depicting them at the other conference table, is so far from reality it is just silly.

When I visited 2 years ago, I got an insider tour, and was in the "Most Holy" conference room, in the Service Department. Yes, there is an ENORMOUS wood table, worth easily $50k. There are probably 20 chairs around it, each a HUGE leather monstrosity, easily worth $1200 each. There is a flat screen TV/Monitor on the wall that is at LEAST a 96", with remote wireless computer hooked up to it. I was told that NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, gets to see that room, unless you are there for a very specific reason.

Edit for P.S....... we were NOT allowed to photograph anything beyond the standard tour. On the flat screen monitor, they had GOOGLE EARTH pulled up, with a display showing EVERY SINGLE Circuit Overseer in the WORLD. If you zoomed in on him, it showed his congregation/territory. Kinda cool, kinda little bit creepy. Some big wig came in while we were in there, frowned alot, asked why we were being shown this room, grumbled something, and went on his way.

Staged photos, make-believe statistics, its all for show.

Tech49

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Yes tech.. When I was there I had the honor of cleaning that room. The table was to be cleaned Only on Thursday after their Wednesday meeting with this thick pine tar like soultion. Air fresheners changed ever Thursday and perfect vacuum lines left in the carpet.

The chairs also just as you said where leather high back executive chairs... disgusting

• suavojr
    suavojr

So the GB has their very own situation room,lol

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Are there any pieces of art on the wall? I have heard that the shepherd book cover is based on a painting in the "most holy"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit