BOE re:Adjusted Process to Accelerate Kingdom Hall Construction

by TTATTelder 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

sir82: 'Which makes me think this new arrangement is primarily a one-time money-grab, to get their hands on the $50,000, 100,000, 200,000 many congregations have saved up for their own proposed building projects.'

Almost every circuit in wealthy communities has congregations with $50,000, $75,000, $100,000 and more in their bank account. I know of several myself. It is indeed a money-grab by greedy WT!

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

I know of a hall in a nearby city that has saved close to a million to build their new hall outright, no loan, plans are done up already. I guess we will see if they get to build it now...

• bobld
    bobld

"Each BOE will also need to ensure that sufficient funds are retained in their individual Cong account to cover all resolutions,such as K.H.A.A.,T.O.A.,and the NEWLY established WORLD WIDE KINGDOM HALL and ASSEMBLY HALL construction."

So why are they taking MONEY from the operating expense budget box.If they are short on funds from their NEWLY NEW W.W.H.H and A.H. (pass the plate) box.

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

When they say "we continue to pray for Jehovah’s blessing upon these arrangements and future organizational adjustments" (even though we know this already) this only confirms that this is not from Jehovah nor Jesus.

They are hoping the heavens bless their mad-made-man-run organizational decisions that is suppose to be theocratic.

• LogCon
    LogCon

m

• twice shy
    twice shy

@TTAT- guide-
    lines will be of assistance in finalizing both the monthly amount and one-time amount

In short, give me all you have now and I'll be so kind as to let you give me the rest in monthly payments of your choice for the rest of your existence. Isn't this a loving arrangement from Jehovah? CTHU

It's amazing how they still won't be able to see the forest for the the trees.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Someone, when letter 2 was posted, said that these guys don't know what they are doing. Actually we are not giving them enough credit. They kept hidden even from the elders the 5,000 "deductible". So in letter #3, after the pledge has been done, the seller decides to tell the buyer "well, one caveat, the insurance you bought doesn't really cover everything, in most cases (repairs under 5K) you pay. The insurance covers rare expensive accidents, and even in those cases we will decide if we want to cover it.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

It is my understanding, just from having attended a few small churches,

that the ones who donate the money, the congregation members, have

some say in how their donations are spent. They have general meetings

and men and women attend. They have committees or a Board of Directors,

they make decisions by vote and even hire Pastors.

There is far more transparency and openness.

The major denominations send money to small churches,not the other way around.

And the money they collect is to do somethng tangible, like open a soup

kitchen to feed the homeless, or build hospitals or schools, or send children

to summer camps and adults to retreats.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This letter was written by Dumb & Dumber AKA the Governing Body. These guys have made a very big mistake out of desparation, they are wanting more and more money and it is becoming obvious, these guys are desperate, probably only they and the legal department know the grant total of liability lawsuits they got on thier plate but it must be pretty big. The $28 million US dollar one in Fremont CA. which is still in apeal must be making the GB real nervous and prone to over reaction in the aroused state.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

So if Armageddon is 'coming anyday now', "soon", why does WT need any money at all?? Surely their new-found $billion+ could easily get them through the "short time" remaining of this old world.

This shows without a doubt that not even the GB really believe the End is coming....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit