BOE: Re: Midweek meetings during visit of circuit overseer

by pixel 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I wonder if this is to make things easier for Circuit Overseers to be drawn, eventually, entirely from the ranks of working Elders, who would serve just a few weeks a year, a good number being Appointed to cover each Circuit.

That would free up any Circuit apartments that they use, (I know this is far from every Circuit that has one, but many do) and save on Company Cars etc. meaning more money available for direct donation to the W.T.

The main advantage in using working Elders is that it distances the W.T itself from any Legal liability should more Paedophilia cases come to light.

The WT is all about the $$$.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

Very interesting. Wonder if this has to do with crowded kingdom halls. I attend at a hall with 4 congregations and the only free day is Monday with the current schedule. So having the extra meeting causes lots of trouble and changes for the other 2.

So, is the plan to cram more congregations to one hall, hence no one can complain about the CO visit and change in schedule!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

This could also be because where multiple congregations meet in one hall, it's messes up a lot of people's schedules to switch around meeting schedules just because of one man. Just saying.

And what's with them pushing family worship like it's the end-all be-all.?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And keeping Family Waste the Evening Night intact. What happens when you have more than one congregation in the building? Do they move up the boasting session to 6 PM, or push one back to 8:30 or 9 PM on a school night? Children not getting home from the boasting session until after 11:30 PM on a school night--just for a big boasting session that weekend. I hope plenty of them skip the whole thing. And I hope they use a site like Joy of Satan/Exposing Christianity for their family worship, so the evening is not wholly wasted.

• that quiet girl
    that quiet girl

I never understood why the meeting nights had to be changed anyway when the CO visits. Why can't he just visit each cong on the night they normally have their meeting?

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

So no more congregation bible studies with Circuit Overseer...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ tqg: I never understood why the meeting nights had to be changed anyway when the CO visits. Why can't he just visit each cong on the night they normally have their meeting?

--

What? A super-duper "Glorious One" change his schedule for the rank-and-file ?? What is this madness you speak of??

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• that quiet girl
    that quiet girl

Haha, good point AndDontCallMeShirley.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit