Humans are just 6,000 years old aren't they?

by notsurewheretogo 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

According to the bible humans cannot be older than 6,000 years old.....

Yet more evidence obviously planted by Satan to mislead us has been found:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-27432234

The ancient remains of a teenage girl discovered deep underground in Mexico are providing additional insights on how the Americas came to be populated.

Divers found the juvenile's bones by chance in a vast, flooded limestone chamber on the Yucatan Peninsula.

Aged 15 or 16 at death, the girl lived at least 12,000 years ago.

Researchers have told Science Magazine her DNA backs the idea that the first Americans and modern Native American Indians share a common ancestry.

This theory argues that people from Siberia settled on the land bridge dubbed Beringia that linked Asia and the Americas some 20,000 years ago before sea levels rose.

Sea levels 20,000 years ago were low enough to expose a land bridge across the Bering Sea

These people then moved south to populate the American continents.

The genetics of modern Native Americans would certainly appear to link them into this story. But their facial features set them apart from the oldest skeletons now being unearthed.

These ancient people had narrower, longer skulls. The differences have hinted that perhaps there were multiple immigrations from Siberia (or even Europe).

However, the remains of the Yucatan girl, dubbed Naia - which means "water nymph" in Greek - does not follow that line of thinking, because although she had the slender features associated with the earliest Americans, her DNA shares commonalities with modern Native Americans.

Lab analysis of teeth and bone samples link her to a particular genetic lineage known as Haplogroup D1.

This same marker is found in substantial numbers of modern Native Americans.

"This lineage is thought to have developed in Beringia, the land that now lies beneath the Bering Sea after its ice age occupants became genetically isolated from the rest of Asia," explained lead author Dr Jim Chatters.

"Thus, Naia, one of the earliest occupants of the Americas yet found, suggests that Paleoamericans do not represent an early migration from a part of the world different than that of the Native Americans.

"Rather, Paleoamericans and Native Americans descended from the same homeland in Beringia.

"The differences between them likely arose from evolution that occurred after the Beringian gene pool became separated from the rest of the world."

The Yucatan Peninsula is famous for its giant limestone sinkholes, or cenotes.

The chamber where the girl was found represents one of these pits before its roof has collapsed to produce a wide surface opening.

To reach the natural amphitheatre, divers had to swim almost 1km (0.6 miles) through a water-filled tunnel.

"The moment we entered inside, we knew it was an incredible place," recalled Alberto Nava.

"The floor disappeared under us and we could not see across to the other side. We pointed our lights down and to the side; all we could see was darkness.

"We felt as if our powerful underwater lights were being destroyed by this void. So we called it 'black hole', which in Spanish is 'Hoyo Negro'."

'Died almost instantly'

Scientists can only speculate as to why Naia had been in the cavern. Skeletal remains of many animals also litter the pit's floor.

The suspicion is that they all were looking for water, because the region had a very dry climate 12,000 years ago and the cavern would have been mostly dry but for a few pools.

Perhaps they stumbled and fell to their death in the darkness.

"Her pelvis is broken and it appears to have been broken at or around the time of her death because it's fractured in a way that relatively young bone would break rather than ancient bone," said Dr Chatters.

"So, it appears she fell quite a distance and struck something hard. I think she died almost instantly, if not instantly."

On the face of it, the new study supports research published in February that looked at the genetics of an infant who died at about the same time in what is now the US State of Montana.

This investigation of "Anzick" boy, as he has become known, was conducted on the main DNA material found in the nuclei of the cells.

Naia's DNA, on the other hand, was sourced from outside the nuclei of her cells - in structures called the mitochondria. These carry much more limited information.

Dr Shane Doyle from Montana State University said Dr Chatters' team therefore still had some ground to travel before very robust conclusions could be drawn.

"In my view they have a way to go before they can say anything substantial," he told BBC News.

"It's extremely difficult to get at the nuclear DNA and decoding it is very complex, but this is what they need to do. Until they do that, they cannot tell us a lot about where Native American Indians came from."

Dr Chatters confirmed that unravelling Naia's nuclear genome was a future priority.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Satan, he's a crafty bugger.

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

notsurewheretogo

This is an unsettling question for anyone who wants to be comfortable with their beliefs that could be challenged by the answer. My comments relate to how I deal with the disturbing feelings generated by looking into this subject.

As a witness you might have heard similar thoughts as this. "Do not think of painting all the rooms in your house at once. Think of painting one room at a time." This way of approaching big projects will over come the tendancy to procrastinate."

A sugestion on how to pace yourself on the big project of answering your question, "Humans are just 6,000 years old aren't they?"

First read what the organization taught in the Past: Photo Drama of creation, support of the "steady state" universe, criticism of the "big bang theory", criticism of religions who taught Genesis was not to be taken literally, creative days 7,000 years each.

Second look at how the subject has changed and is being taught today:Universe had a beginning, creative days are "thousands of years long", earth is 4.5 billion years old, universe is 15 billions years old,

As an active witness you can safely explore all the publications without reading "apostate" thinking. No intellectual prison to stop you from reading the publications. Think about it, you know it is the right thing to do!

Challenge: When you see historically that the watchtower has not been the intellectual leader in the area of how long humans have been on earth, will you procrastinate or continue your interest? Even at the intelectual pace of one room at a time.

If you decide to go further, it is not a bad idea to read a lot of posts that exist on this web-site. Use the search bar. If you can not do that, then go to the library. Ask the librarian for help. When you discover how much information is available do not become overwhelmed. Just focus on one area that stands out to you as having the most value. It becomes enjoyable. Like a hobby. You fit it in to your normal life and enjoy your discoveries one at a time.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I'm a bit confused at your post....I'm already out...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Nah, it's not Satan, it's Jehovah. The entire universe is only 6,000 years old, yet he designed things to fool us and make them "look" much older.

It's completely an illusion, for example, that the fossil evidence indicates anatomically modern humans have been on this planet for 150,000 - 200,000 years.

It's another illusion of God's that there are galaxies that "appear" to be 14 billion light years away.

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

notsurewheretogo

I was just trying to help someone who might be going thru what I am right now. It is all about reading and research. Sorry for the confusion.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I think all numbers in the Bible tend be symbolic.

Like 144,000, symbolic, 7 lampstands ? 4 corners of the earth ?

7 days ? Symbolic of greater and more complex mysteries beyond

what we can see or know, in physics, string theory descibes 11 dimensions

and the fact we can be in two places simultaneously, and those scientists are

not talking about religion. Thats math and physics. So dissecting the Bible

and trying to make it match what we know about biology is a fairly futile endeavor

and neither proves nor disproves anything except mans needs to develop doctrines

and call them, "the truth". We don't need to have "all the answers", uncertainity is OK.

Disambiguation. Werner Heisenberg.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I can only speak for myself. I am 55 years old.

• smiddy
  • villagegirl
    villagegirl

Smiddy - I have no idea what the Watchtower's ever changing, convoluted

hamster wheel of current beliefs are, I only read about WT beliefs

here on this forum. I left in 1989. I don't even know when they decided

Jesus Christ was an angel. The fact that some people I knew then, are still

plodding along going to meetings at the KH and to assemblies, is testimony to

the power of delusion in the human mind. A few years ago I checked in with

an old hall I attended 20 years ago and the WT material was so retarded

and the public talk so childish I was flabbergasted. Three things the WT always

loved, numerology and Egyptology and the occult. The literature is full of calculations

and timelines and they are obsessed with numbers and classes.

FlyingHighNow - cute I like it, but I like to think my age is "symbolic" also : )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit