the green mile?

by sparrowdown 57 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, so correct!

You cannot declare war on a concept ........ drug abuse (and I mean *REAL* drugs, alcohol, processed tobacco, pharmaceuticals, designer, etc.), poverty, terrorism, child abuse ........

These issues need to be examined for the cause - and let's be honest, it's not too hard to see the causes of all of the above! Then, work towards solutions.

This can only happen in a climate of cooperation, and mutual benefit. Self-interest need not play a part, except in the fair exchange of what will benefit all parties.

War on Drugs? ppfffffttttttttt!!!

tal

(the ppfffttt was an homage to frenchbabyface ,,, I can't make it red with Chrome, sorry fbf xoxo :D

• smiddy
    smiddy

Of course their are circumstances that justify it . Serial killers that take multiple lives .Of course their has to be conclusive proof that an individual is the guilty party. And I would go as far to say that if a person was unequivecally guilty of a singular murder I would have no problem with the death penalty

If a person takes a life and thier is no question of his guilt would you sanction him being put to his death ? I say yes.

Fair enough if their is room for doubt and it cant be certain of ones involvement then the death penalty does not apply.

This forum is for ex jw`s who used to beleive in GODS Judgements , eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth.

I beleive if you willingly take a persons life , then your life should be taken from you.

smiddy

• cofty
    cofty

This forum is for ex jw`s who used to beleive in GODS Judgements , eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth.

Yes I used to believe in a Bronze Age justice system.

• Mikado
    Mikado

No, Smiddy, not all of us did.I never did.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

• Mikado
    Mikado

Smiddy, there is always room for doubt. Look at all the studies that show the unreliable nature of eyewitnesses.

now. there are cases of DNA being proved to be wrong, and fingerprints have been shown to be unreliable for quite some time...

nothing is black and white.

• talesin
    talesin

I still say, a 21st century, Devil's Island. Only give them the tools to be able to have a decent existence. It can easily be inescapable, with today's technology.

It's something I have thought about a lot. Not believing in murder for retribution, and feeling prison is torture (I really do), that was my 'creative solution'. *shrugs*

t

• KateWild
    KateWild

The death penalty is not a deterrent.-cofty

Nice graph Cofty. I agree, most people who are homicidal are boardering on being suicidal. They generally are not looking at the consequences of their homicidal actions because they don't care enough. But it's good to see in the graph that murder rates in the US have gone down on the whole upto 2010. Something must have improved the situation.

Kate xx

• designs
    designs

If you want to be a first tier country you have mothballed your gas chambers. Education and a better standard of living combine to lower murder rates.

• cofty
    cofty

The USA will continue to have no moral authority as long as it continues to execute it's criminals - including plenty innocent ones.

Most of the world has moved on. Religion contines to hold the USA back.

• James Brown
    James Brown

If you want to be a first tier country you have mothballed your gas chambers. Education and a better standard of living combine to lower murder rates.

The USA will continue to have no moral authority as long as it continues to execute it's criminals - including plenty innocent ones.

Most of the world has moved on. Religion contines to hold the USA back.

In theory, I agree.

The USA has exported all its jobs and its main economy is war and the military.

I don't see where a better standard of living and a better education is in the cards.

The criminal element derives from single family welfare moms. Most of the inmates in jail come from single parent homes. There is no male

present. Many of the male parents are in jail/penetentry and the boys follow in the fathers footsteps.

There is no simple answer in America, to many people are making money off crime. And to many people are dedicated to maintaining

the status quo from the criminals to judges and lawyers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit