One thing about this site that bothers me

by keyser soze 84 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Excellent, Island Man- showing why we might laugh at the irony without actually insulting the hard working window washer.

How about:

"Why don't kingdom halls have windows? Because the 12 window washers in the hall wouldn't pay attention to the talk but would think about how they could do a better job on those windows." (Just a thought)

• Scott77
    Scott77
    "...if there exists a group of people who take advantage of such easily taught employment and promotes that over going to college and gaining an education, THEN window washing isn't just 'a job' anymore – it's an excuse and the default in life..."
    BackseatDevil

I echo this perspective.

Scott77

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I havent read all five pages of posts, and I'm no fan of name-calling, but I think the term window-washer has never been used here to demean anyone personally. Rather it's an indication of job limits forced on well-meaning people by the mean-spirited sobs who run the wt org for the money.

Truth is, you let people go to college and they not only qualify for jobs with benefits...but they learn how to think for themselves and of course then see the wts for the large scam it truly is.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

23 hours ago I posted this comment, "Keyser's done pretty well to get 3 pages of responses to his thread and yet he's only posted one follow-up to his OP!"

We're now up to 5 pages and he hasn't returned.

I think we've reached a consensus here.

No one has a problem with anyone doing good, honest work no matter what it is. What we do despise is:

1. The WTBTS demonizes anyone doing anything that could better themselves, be it obtaining a college degree or pursuing any kind of career beyond manual labor;

2. The WTBTS plays a major mind-fuck on all of their member by persuading them to believe that

a. People with no qualifications are somehow qualified to act as psychologists, marriage counselors, drug couselors, teen counselors, legal advisors, financial advisors and the like, and

b. Everyone else should listen to them.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Well said Oubliette " The watchtower demonizes anyone doing anything that could better themselfs, be it obtaining a clollege degree or pursuing any kind of carear above manuel labour" and yet the irony is an education costs money, and its unlikely in most cases witness parents are not able or willing to financially support further education. Window cleaning provides the opportunity to pursue personal goals. In my case it was the deposit on a house and to start my own real estate business.

So in conclusion i find the term offensive and this gentle post has in a positive way highlighted that many others feel the same. In fact i find what i wrote offensive because i think anything hpnest that represents self drive and determination , and the decipline to feed ones family deserves the highest respect and admiration.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit