women should go back to the kitchen

by never a jw 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The man is the head, but the woman is the neck that turns the head!

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

• never a jw
    never a jw

LOng hair gal,

The world is a much better place today for women, but the WT had nothing to do with it. If anyting. it's made it worse. They actually still believe the crap that they wrote in the article. They don't publish it anymore because they need to look more appealing to potential converts to eventually get more donations and preaching hours, which in turn will make more converts that can contribute more donations.

I have never been a JW, but I attended more meetings than many new converts. The literature and speeches are still reminding women to submit, even if the husband is uncaring or less than fit to lead. The info in the old Awake is still relevant to the rank and file and its conclusion are still applied by men to oppress and control their wives.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've experienced a culture clash, attending the KH. Early on it was hinted that I might "support" my husband more by attending the meetings. This was incomprehensible to me.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

For proof, please see the June 2014 Public edition of the WT (God's view of Smoking). Both pic's in the lead article (before husband starts studying and after) show the good wife (blonde) in the kitchen (washing dishes or carrying out fresh baked goodiies). The 'bad girl' with dark hair is smoking. Every picture tells a story (or in the case of the WT teaches a vital lesson)...

• jgnat
    jgnat

The Prodigal Returns video, also, the wife is completely subservient, even deferring to her husband how they are to react to their son's "disobedience". Her reaction? Sadness and worry. No action on her part to improve the situation.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/videos/prodigal-son-returns/

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Something I learned from my jw/ ex husband: this headship/submissive thing is a front for extreme laziness when it comes to communication and cooperative problem solving for the men. If wives are "yesmen", husbands never have to make an effort to work things out with their wives on any given problem, including childrearing.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Find the right mate and communication isn't an issue. Find the right mate and power never is an issue. Things happen peacefully and naturally between to equal adults. For more challenging problems, effort to come to solutions will be a project of love.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

I think all us men belong barefoot and shirtless by the barbecue pit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit