If your not baptized in the name of the father, son and holy spirit. was your baptism official

by goingthruthemotions 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As to the Thread Title, what exactly do you mean by your baptism being "official" ?

If you mean would most of the over 2000 sects of Christendom recognise it as a Christian baptism, then the answer is NO !

But you say " So if this is the case no one can be DF'ed or DA'ed... sound like a large lawsuit!!!! " as though the WT is duty bound to not recognise your baptism.

Bad news, they will, and they will DF you for any infringement of their myriad rules, you were baptised into their Organisation, and they can DF you from it any old time, a law suit simply would have no basis.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The three entities are not something that Jesus taught. It is most likely that the phrase was added by trinity supported. Since ones after him did not baptize in the 3 entities, it would seem that they did not follow him. If they did follow him, then what he said was different from that.

• lesterd
    lesterd

You are only scratching the surface of what religion is, whether there is a letter of the law that has to be abided to, or a spirit of the law that applied to each one individually. Only one person fulfilled the letter of the law and that was to identify who he was. We immerse ourselves in water by prayer and by spirit as an outward sign of submission and dedication to the Father, by the Son and through the holy spirit.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Honesty: The JW baptism has been based on legalities since 1985 so the society doesn't incur liability when your relatives follow rules and regulations instead of following Jesus' example of love.

What if you were baptized before 1985 - before the new baptismal questions? Would there be grounds for a lawsuit then? People keep saying that religions are protected from lawsuits stemming from doctrinal issues, but on the flipside, they say WT changed it's questions to protect itself legally. What gives?

Goingthruthemotions, I base my baptism on what was in my heart at the time I was baptized. No other person or policy is involved. I knew what it meant to me and that's what it still means.

• pbrow
    pbrow

I am not a believer, but while I was.... My baptism to me meant that I had dedicated my life and was being baptized in the name of the father, son and holy spirit. I distinctly remember walking into the pool and having that in mind. As a side note, I also remember thinking "I hope Amber L is watching me without my shirt on... ooh, there she is....YES!!" Your baptism is simply a display of the dedication that you have already made in your heart. If you feel that you truly were dedicating your life to god than you are good to go and no church/person or poster can tell you otherwise.

Oh, and Amber ended up married, beaten and then divorced....... but not by me.

pbrow

• Splash
    Splash

Besides, what the WT teach today is completely different to what I agreed with at the time of my baptism.

This is no longer the same religion that I was baptised into.

Splash

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

When i got baptised, i also had in mind that i was dedicating my life to jehovah thru jesus with the holy spirit. As i go on through this religion "If you could call it that" i too see manipulation and mind control. When I think about it....is this what Jesus truely wanted Christianity to really be? NO.....but my deep love for my wife keeps me in. But, I will not let my kids get baptised in the JW's...i encourage free thinking, college, freindship from good people weither or not they are JW or worldly..but to honest with you. All the JW kids they have meet are disrespectful buttheads. We don't associate with them. just world people.

GTTM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit