If your not baptized in the name of the father, son and holy spirit. was your baptism official

by goingthruthemotions 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

So here at:

Matt 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

I don't ever remember hearing at my baptism nor any other baptism of a JW. the person giving the baptism talk or person doing the dunking saying that I/we are baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

So I have come to the conclusion that my/our Baptism's are not official. Any thought?

So if this is the case no one can be DF'ed or DA'ed... sound like a large lawsuit!!!!

GTTM

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

This is just my opinion but since they believe that only 144k are sons of god and the rest are just Jonadabs they believe your not qulified to actually be baptized. In fact back in the early 1930's jonadabs were not baptized and not invited to the memorial. BAptism is just your way of openly supporting the 144k.

• blondie
    blondie

Did you know that is the only place in the bible where baptism is mentioned with those three entities. Check the NWT. The other references are only "in the name of Jesus (Christ)" "the name of the Son"

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

My baptism was the result of my being a victim of fraud, so I need no further justification for considering it entirely invalid.

• Laika
    Laika

It's sort of funny that JWs claim they're the only group fulfilling this scripture when they're one of the very few 'christian' groups who don't use this baptism formula.

I think the bigger problem with JW baptism is the way they use it as a control device.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Crazyguy is right. Only the 144K are baptized into Christ. w08 6/15 p. 29 par 7:

What is meant by baptism into Christ Jesus and baptism into his death? When Jehovah anoints followers of Christ with the holy spirit, they are united with Jesus and become members of the congregation that is the body of Christ, he being the Head. (1 Cor. 12:12, 13, 27; Col. 1:18) This is their baptism into Christ Jesus. Anointed Christians are also “baptized into [Christ’s] death” in that they live a life of sacrifice and renounce any hope of everlasting life on earth. Their death, therefore, is a sacrificial one, as was Jesus’ death, though their death does not have ransoming value. This baptism into Christ’s death is completed when they die and are resurrected to life in heaven.

Did you know that is the only place in the bible where baptism is mentioned with those three entities. Check the NWT. The other references are only "in the name of Jesus (Christ)" "the name of the Son"

Correct. But JWs don't even baptize in "the name of the Son". They baptize "on the basis of Jesus' sacrifice". Their baptism is the baptism of John.

Acts 13:24: Before the arrival of that one, John had preached publicly to all the people of Israel baptism in symbol of repentance.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Wow, so interesting...peel back the layers and you see that their crap just gets deeper and deeper. IMHO i would be willing to bet that very few witness sheep actualy realize their baptism is a sham.

Thanks for that info blondie.

GTTM

• Honesty
    Honesty

You were baptised into a cult that worded the baptism so that you can't win a lawsuit against them when you are shunned by your relatives if you decide to leave and sue the cult because you are being shunned.

The JW baptism has been based on legalities since 1985 so the society doesn't incur liability when your relatives follow rules and regulations instead of following Jesus' example of love.

I feel sorry for everyone who has relatives in the cult.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

blondie ,this is the Oneness Theology argument. Should we baptize in the name of Jesus or the name of the Father,Son and Holy Spirit .It would seem that both are correct ,"Jesus baptism" was the baptism in the name of the "Father,Son and Holy Spirit". Hoe do we know that to be the right explanation ? Because a document ,extra bibblical has been found dating from the first century that confirms the fact that Christians were baptized in the name of the 3 entities ,Father ,Son and Holy Spirit.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

this document is called the Didache ,dated 80-120 A.D.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit