Why does the new NWT not say outright that Jesus began to rule in 1914?

by yadda yadda 2 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Because the guy that was supposed to write the BS foot notes in the Silver Sword was too busy advertising furniture for IKEA at the time... Yeah, you guessed it Rolf Furuli... He's the only man the Watchtower Corporation has who is capable of dazzling JWs with 1914 bull shit...

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I posted on this here. It concerns Satan's being cast out, not when Jesus started his rule.

This post has references to when the Bible does indicates Satan was cast out (for any interested).

(Now that works better)

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

This is the first time I have seen the photo from the RNWT (a copy of which we actually have).

"About 1914" is definitely not the same as "1914" per se. The former is not exact while the latter is a definite year. Why all of a sudden use "about"?

Likewise, why under "About 1914", the hurling of Satan was the one printed instead of "Jesus Christ began ruling as a King" or God's Kingdom ruling had began? Isn't God's Kingdom ruling in 1914 more significant than the throwing of Satan and his cohorts on earth?

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Millions Now Living Will Never Die (circa 1919)

or Millions Now Living "May" Never Die

same false prophesy from the same false prophets.

Being "right" is more important than

telling the truth to the governing body.

Its all false doctrine from the two classes on down

to the people refusing to partake at a Memorial,

its an apostate cult, based on Pyramids and strange predictions

that never came true. Deut 18:22 "If the prophet speaks in the

LORD's name but his prediction does not happen or come true,

you will know that the LORD did not give that message.

That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared."

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Plenty of current references to the belief that The Kingdom was 1914 . This is what they still say for the ouster of Satan :

Wt 2009 5/15 p18

So, then, the Bible does not reveal the exact time when Satan and his demons were expelled from heaven. Nevertheless, it is evident that this event closely followed the enthronement of Jesus Christ in heaven in 1914.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Second thoughts : A better question would be " Why does not The Bible text give the exact date, for Jesus coming to rule? " since it would be the most important thing to know.....

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

lets see... if we make 1914 the year satan was cast out of heaven, then move the installation of JC as king to 1934 and retain the OL generations we can buy another 50 years or more and solve the 607/586 debate at the same time all in the name of the light getting brighter. Implement this over time and the R&F won't even notice. The ones that balk will be kept in line with the usually bulling techniques.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

in the book Jehovah's Witnesses Proclaimers of God's kingdom (1993 WTB&TS) on page 12/13 it says,

So a witness relate facts from direct personal knowledge, or he proclaims views or truths of which he is convinced.*

*For example, some first-century Christians could bear witness to historical facts about Jesus-concerning his life, death, and resurrection- from firsthand knowledge. (Acts1:21,22;10:40,41) However, persons who later put faith in Jesus could bear witness by proclaiming to others the significance of his life, death, and resurrection-Acts22:15.

I believe the witnesses have proclaimed the establishment of God's Kingdom in 1914 therefore I don't see how they could change it although recently an elder told me if it was 20 years later it wouldn't matter. i think it would.

• skin
    skin

"About 1914", and only mention about Satan being cast out? And its under the page heading of Gods rule? Is this a form of future proofing this Bible version for another 20-30 years? Maybe they have already realising that the kingdom rule did not start in 1914 and this will be the next BIG changeā€¦

• kaik
    kaik

1914 is liability and WT is attempting to move away from it. The task will be accomplished when older generation of JW dies out and younger is clueless about it. There are several major relationship tied to that year including 1918-1919 selection of Heavenly bride, the Revelation bowls and trumphets linked to 1920's conventions, etc. WT cannot just removed all of it at once without spooking their members and lose revenues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit