Why does the new NWT not say outright that Jesus began to rule in 1914?

by yadda yadda 2 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yadda yadda 2
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I think they are allowing it to have shelf life, in other words it will soon be out of date and they already know it.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The pic:

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I think they are allowing it to have shelf life, in other words it will soon be out of date and they already know it.

WMF - Yes, I totally agree.

If they get too much flack over it and begin to lose money the GB and their suck ups can concoct some new light(tm) to try to keep their 'mind cleansed(tm)' followers and get more money to protect paedophiles and live their rock star life style.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They will wish to gradually bury 1914 alongside the graves of 1799 1874 1925 1975 and the tomb of the unknown date. (Which is the date that the Troof became the truth) { they really cannot say when that happened !}.

Already it is only long time, aging JW's who have a clue how to arrive at 1914 using the WT's method, and the WT know that the method is flawed, 607BCE being one of those rare years in history where nothing happened, and Jerusalem actually being destroyed 20 years later.

• designs
    designs

Its kind of like expecting Mitt Romney to take a definitive stand on anything....

• KateWild
    KateWild

I also thougt this when I first saw the "About 1914" in the publication. It's so hypocritical it makes me angry. If a JW doubts 1914 the get Df'd for being an apostate, but the NNWT has put it into doubt by using the word "about".

If the doctrine is changed will all who got Df'd for not believing in it be exonerated and compensated for shunning and loss of family contact? I doubt it very much.

Kate xx

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I posted on this here. It concerns Satan's being cast out, not when Jesus started his rule.

This post has references to when the Bible does indicates Satan was cast out (for any interested).

(On the links you'll have to scroll down to my post. Something has changed that causes the link not to auto-scroll down to the post intended.)

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Snap! They are sneaky devils .

• johnamos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit