I had a very interesting conversation with a relative today about a Hall that was just about to have a refurbishment before the new KH/AH funding arrangament

by joe134cd 32 Replies latest members private

• Bobcat
    Bobcat
    It makes me wonder if society was expecting a mass exodus therefore they put a mad rush on hall reno's everywhere. Just in case, society would have halls ready to go on sale if this were to happen and they would all be in tip top shape to sell at the publisher's expense.

It could be that they see a big economic bust coming and are scrambling to get themselves prepared for it. They are currently working to get Warwick finished as fast as possible.

If and/or when the economic collapse comes (surrounding a projected collapse in the dollar), all those on pensions or living off of savings (who are doing the building labor for WT) will be in a world of hurt and may have to leave off their volunteer work.

Bobcat

• Listener
    Listener

They are expected to manage their own repairs, to assist in this they will be providing some training.

The difference between a repair and a renovation is something our Tax Office have had difficulty in assessing for years and often requires researching court decisions for determinations.

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

@ Joe134CD: I'm not sure the elder that is referred to in your OP understands the new arrangement. If repairs or maintenance will cost under $5000 the congregation is to take care of it, using its own funds. If the repair is more than $5000, the congregation has to go through the Local Design Committee to get approval. The LDC is supposed to prioritize requests and give precedence to emergency repairs. An electrical problem should qualify as an emergency.

Of course, it's possible that the congregation has no funds left to take care of this, and that could be why the elder has offered to pay for it himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit