Today's wt study re "selfishness"

by stuckinarut2 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh god!! Today's study is so full of classic manipulative comments....

I can't even begin to tear it apart.........

Anyone want to start?

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yep.

Where the hell does the bible say peter was thinking that james and john might get his spot????

Where the hell does the bible say that peter was the only one upset at the nepotistic scheme of james and john

to get the best seats in the temple by getting their mum (sooks) who happened to be jesus aunty to ask him?????

the bible says the 10 others got upset and so they should at the nepotistic little sooky bastards. Selfish????

They all got a dressing down after that not just peter. I like peter, he was cool, a dynamic apostle with a open and

honest personality.

just my two bobs worth

jtg

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Gotta love this hypocritical compliment to Saul in Par. 8 :

"He (Saul) refused to punish Israelites who spoke out against his kingship, even though he could have felt justified in defending his God-given position."

Wow. Maybe they could follow his example a little. What say?

-TE

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

What WT is it? I've been away far too long to remember how far back it goes for the actual WT study. I'd like to see this one...sounds like a load of crap.

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

Nevermind. Found it :)

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I love the single-most honest comment I've seen in ANY publication for a long time. It's in paragraph 2, and it states a perfect truth - the HALLMARK of a Christian is showing love for one another!

A Christian is NOT identified by their cart-work or knocking on doors trying to evangelize; they are easily identified by their love for fellow Christians firstly, and then their neighbours!

Brothers & sisters reading this, compare how many hours you have put in your monthly report, with the number of hours you have spent just going to visit your elderly/lonely/unwell fellow Witnesses - then think about Christ's words at John 13:34,35!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I about gagged when I read the 1st paragraph:

'When Jesus was on earth, he set a perfect example of self-sacrifice. He put aside his own deisires and comforts in order to do God's will ....he proved that his spirit of self-sacrifice had no limit'

Jesus had compassion for his fellow man. He healed the sick, raised the dead, fed the hungry, came to the aid of the oppressed. He didn't accumulate wealth; didn't own real estate and didn't worry about how much cash he had saved up.

By contrast the spirit of self-sacrifice of Jehovah's Witnesses, in particular the Governing Body does in deed have limits. They won't help the sick; they are the cause of many suicides; they won't feed the hungry; they could give a rat's ass about the oppressed and they are very stingy when it comes to disaster relief.

The extent of self-sacrifice on the part of Jehovh's witnesses is their canvassing the neighborhood to leave tracts and magazines that the majority of homeowners don't want nor read and soon are thrown in the trash.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Somehow unselfishness is spun to mean "do as we say". That is not what I think of as unselfishness.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes to all of the above!

How can they twist "unselfishness", and just make the whole article a lecture on "listening, obeying and be blessed" which means..."do everything we say"!!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Brothers & sisters reading this, compare how many hours you have put in your monthly report, with the number of hours you have spent just going to visit your elderly/lonely/unwell fellow Witnesses

As Ray Franz pointed out in CoC, the most important things a Jehovah's Witness should be doing as one claiming to be a Christian cannot be tallied on a Field Service timeslip, so they simply don't get done. WT is consumed solely with ineffective 'busy work' at the expense of anything having real substance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit