what is a CO

by bigmac 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• bigmac
    bigmac

i'm out of touch with dub-speak.

in another thread--the writer refers to the CO--is this circuit overseer--congregation overseer--or what ?

• blondie
    blondie

Circuit overseers

Formerly called Circuit Servants; Servants to the Brethren; Zone Servants) also Pilgrims

• bigmac
    bigmac

thank you for that Blondie--what i thought. just doesnt seem to fit in with the other thread about the writer meeting the CO in a cafe

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

A Circuit Overseer is:

"a no-body, a real world drop-out, a power hungry big fish in a very small bowl that means nothing in the real world"

Couldnt resist...

• blondie
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

They are the functional part of the "Org-topus" which is responsible for carrying out the dirty work now - the suckers!

And now they ALL realize how tenuous their "life-long" commission really is with Mother sacking so many!

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

A Bethel version of 'Commanding Officer'. You know, for FEMA, come JW round up. L-ders are the Lieutenants. The GB is a sort of good old boy Pied Piper collective guidance system. JW, just waiting.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was 6 years in the military before becoming a dub. Unless I am specifically talking about JW stuff, my mind automatically thinks of "commanding officer" when I hear "C. O." (SEE OH)

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The CO is the Watchtower religious corporation cult Circuit Manager of a certain number of a particular area's franchise outlet stores.

• Clambake
    Clambake

To me the C.O visits are like remember when you watch the first two star wars movies and you think Darth Vader is the biggest prick in the galaxy , then you watch ‘”Return of the Jedi” and realize the emperor is an a bigger dick than Darth Vader.

That is kind of how I think the Elder /C.O relationship is, right down to getting the Kingdom Hall cleaned up is Darth Vader rushing to get the Death Star operational for the Emperors visit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit