Million Now Living Will Never Die! - Rutherford could still be right

by Zoos 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zoos
    Zoos

Rutherford began the Millions campaign in 1918. New light suggests that he was obviously talking about babies who were born that year and now, in 2014 they would only be 96 years old.

I was looking through a Census Bureau report on people aged 90+ in the United States 2006-2008, with projections to the year 2050. According to the chart provided there are about 2 million people just in the United States that are over 90 years old. We could conservatively cut that number in half to reach the 96 year-olds and then add in the rest of the world's figures.

By God, Rutherford really DID know what he was talking about. Since this old system couldn't possibly last another year, millions then living in 1918 will never die - just like old Joe prophesied!

• designs
    designs

Truly a great prophet walked among us....

• prologos
    prologos

It can happen only if at least 2 million 100 year olds become J W in good standing and stay ALIVE

until the 'newer light '75'

or,the Society adopts the doctrine of Universal Salvation, or a version of it, such as:

everybody that ever opened the door, smiled, took an invitation/tract from visited JW.ORG, or gave a glass of water to the jws gets a prophet's reward. and

the big move into the New World happens soon enough. then:

IT would be sooner than you think

of course what spoils it for this first authenticated member FDS of 1919 vintage is, that the preamble to the talk was

"The world HAS ended,--Millions now--"

• KateWild
    KateWild

So because of this fact many JWs are looking forward to the New System. They are blind to all the facts about 1914. The thing we all need to accept is, it's a cult and JWs find ways to jsutify there membership. I remember on brother saying to me "Well if we are wrong it doesn't matter because it's the best way to live" He gives WT the credit for being a kind, decent, loving man. Really he should take the credit himself for his attributes.

Kate xx

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

KateWild - "... JWs find ways to jsutify their membership."

Particularly if they've invested a significant amount of time, effort, and emotion into their membership.

Looking back, I think this actually helped with my decision to fade; even though I had been dutiful, I'd never invested in the WTS to the degree that I really felt I would be "losing everything".

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Not that I believe it, and certainly this is not what the Judge menat, but seem to remember that it could be argued that those millions of people that died, could live again after being resurrected, and THEN NEVER DIE. IE this could be the "never die" that he was referring to.

Twisted spin on it but would not put it past some with high levels of dissonance.

NJY

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

"truly a great prophet walked among us" - designs

Seriously, I just spewed my drink.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its good to remember where and how the Watchtower Corporation came to be.

Commercialized bullshit wrapped up in religious appealing virtuosity.

Oh yes I forgot godly chosen too.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yea old Joe was sure right about the" ancient worthies" being raised back in 1925! Hell they are still roaming around somewhere--invisible of course!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

They are blind to all the facts about 1914

JWs live in ideas about reality, which isolates their minds from true reality. The ideas are impossible when confronted with manifest facts, but the JW must hold on doggedly anyway, either to save their pride or ignore the fact they've based their hopes on a lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit