Quick! Help Needed for TTATT!!!

by HeyThere 24 Replies latest jw friends

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

My husband is actually asking me questions about the governing body saying they are the mouthpiece of Jehovah and the whole Jesus invisible rulership in 1914 etc. I am looking up stuff now to show him but if you have any proof, qotes, etc. to help me wake up my husband please send to me now asap!

• wannabefree
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Can he explain *WHY* he/they believe Jesus began ruling in 1914?

See if he can explain the chronology to get to that date. (Hint: In JW teachings, it starts with Jerusalem destruction which the JWs say happened in 607 BCE. Secular historians, however, say that occured in 587 BC.)

JWs place all GB sovreignty on the 1914 date. But if their jumbled math is wrong - starting with the wrong destruction date - then their supposed appointment is bunk, too.

There are some *great* threads about 587/607. I will look some up for you.

But *START* with having him explain how they came up with 1914 to be the critical date that they claim. Have him SWEAT it out and explain the whole damed thing. Even if it take WEEKs for him to learn it, make him learn it enough to explain it to you.

Only *AFTER* he explains the whole thing to you, then do a little research to see that their starting date is wrong and the whole jumbled mess crumbles.

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
  • happy@last
    happy@last

1 John 4:1, then Deut 18:22, then point out all the failed predictions

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

thank you so much i have already started printing stuff out he caught me by surprise askimg about it. earlier i had memtioned the donation arramgement. i wasnt there when the letter was read, but i asked him about it. i had already given him a heads up before ot was read, and told him that i was going to see if the info i found about jws was legit if this letter was read. so yes, letter was read, he didnt quite understand it so i explained it to him. end of convo. so tonight, he said that he will seriously start thinking about all this if they pass out anything askimg about a monthly pledge. then he asked about 1914 and the gb being Jehovahs mouthpiece on earth....i also told him tonigjt that i take dedicating my life to God very seriously amd wamt to make sure the religion i choose is not claiming false things.

oh...we also got into a debate about beards....he mentioned he misses his goatee but is self sacrificing to please jehovah...even our 12 year old jumped in like what??? why would jehovah care about a beard???? funny thing, we were doing family wt study and were on the page with the pic of the apostles and their.....BEARDS!!!!! we had a little fun with that one!

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Different things seem to open peoples eyes.

The basic premise of the "sole channel of communication"

claim is to put it bluntly, anti-Christ. Christ was a Jew.

Jews had a Priesthood, that acted as a "mediator" between them and God.

Jesus Christ replaced all mediators, Jesus is the only mediator,

"Call no man your father" is often used by witnesses to bring down Catholic priests.

1 Timothy 2:5
    Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
    5 For God is one;[a] and there is but one Mediator between God and humanity,

Yeshua the Messiah, himself human,

King James Version (KJV)
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
    3-6 In the sight of God our saviour this is undoubtedly the right thing to pray for;

for his purpose is that all men should be saved and come to realise the truth.

And that is, that there is only one God, and only one intermediary between God and men,

Jesus Christ the man. He gave himself as a ransom for us all

—an act of redemption which happened once, but which stands for all times as a witness to what he is.

In light of the above scripture; any man that claims to be "the mouthpiece for God"

is "Standing in the Holy Place" and is identified in scripture as "That man of lawlessness"

and claiming a position that belongs to Christ alone.

The whole point of Christianity as established by Jesus himself, is that we have

direct access to Jehovah through Jesus Christ and we are all part of the Body of Christ.

Every twisted doctrine the WT teaches acts to separate you from the freedom and liberty and abundance

Jesus was all about, from his first opening of the scrolls in the synagogue he proclaimed freedom

for all from human intermediaries, like priests and people who claim to be

the "faithful and discreet slave" and sole channel of communication with God.

Its all wrong, from top to bottom.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Not too sure that the GB can prove they are God channel of communication.

But you could find a "Revelations Its Grand Climax Is At Hand" flip through the first chapters. You will see a picture of Russell. Flip through Insight book more information. Twisting scriptures, the stone would surely cry out...if not for Russell. Crazy to misinterpret Jesus sayings.

Follow Rusells books Chart of Divine Ages, or Divine Plan of Ages.

Your husband should do a study on the history.

For fun order online fold out of Chart of the Ages.

Here somethinghttps://ia600304.us.archive.org/BookReader/BookReaderImages.php?zip=/24/items/GreatPyramidPassagesVol21913Edition/1913_Great_Pyramid_Passages_Vol_II_jp2.zip&file=1913_Great_Pyramid_Passages_Vol_II_jp2/1913_Great_Pyramid_Passages_Vol_II_0052.jp2&scale=2&rotate=0

Check out page 17 or type in 1914.

I would want to know the beginning of 1914,1915.

After that who cares about any of it! Shocking!

ERA machine was use for communication, utterance,speaking in tongues at assemblies, was used for Rutherfords writings. He banned speaking in tongues.

Anyhow it makes you wonder who they were channelling!

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I was like your husband once trusting the GB. What stopped me? The Bible -LIEBLE as some call is here lol...

I decided when bile reasearch proved the bible wasn' true to try and prove cretion true BUT... Evolution shined through with o probelem thansk to ERVs and Chromsome 2.

So the Bible oh F**k i read it every day from then one...serious.. to understand the literture it was composed of... to sum up...

These fools (Not just JWS) believe a fantasy put forth by Baruch the son of Neriah.... and if Christian... Josephus. and Astrology for the NT. lol

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Jesus invisible rulership in 1914

I remember something.

Ask your husband where invisible is mentioned in Jesus presence. When he finds the scripture please share. It just not there. I do not think presence is invisible do you?

You can do pre Jesus dates all you want but after Jesus dates to prove something! Impossible.

The "Kingdom Hall threw out pyrimidology because it was food from demons! Just don't view it. Kind of hard when the Great pyramid is in Egypt and Russell measured it to prove his crazy biblical points 1914. 1915.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit