Electronic cigs

by FL_Panthers 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FL_Panthers
    FL_Panthers

Are they allowed? Can this be done if someone has had a problem with smoking in the past. I'm assuming that patches and gum are viewed as the same?

can e cigs be used ?

• KateWild
    KateWild

That's an interesting one. There has been a thread about it before, the response from the average JW was "Witnesses don't smoke". So I gueass no, as it would bring repraoch on Jehovahs name. I will look for the thread and post a link if I can find it.

I found it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/279314/1/Artificial-Blood-vs-Artificial-Cigarettes-e-cigarettes#.U2zwRPldW8A

Kate xx

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Remember his original post...

Being a JW is amazing! who agrees with me??

the JW is a protection from the world.

Who feels the same?

FL Panthers other name choices were ChainYanker and TrollDaddy...

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

that's pretty interesting. If the e-cig has nicotine in it, that would probably be an automatic no since that would be druggery.

If the e-cig did not have nicotine, it would probably still be a no since it could stumble people as they'd think you were actually smoking something with nicotine.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Just smoke an E-cig when in company with an elder and find out. Awh... go on you know you want to.

• outinthemeadows
    outinthemeadows

Just ask an e-lder if they would use one lol

• XstuckX
    XstuckX

I chew nicotine gum. Back when we were still going to meetings my wife told on me because she was mad at me about something totally unrelated. So I had to meet with an elder who brought articles about smoking. When I told him I wasn't smoking he told me chewing the gum was no different. I said I thought smoking was wrong because it damages your body. He said yes but it's also the drug nicotine that makes it bad. I said I didn't see the difference between that and drinking coffee. I said in fact I get more of a drug like effect from caffeine than the gum. This elder is rather dim and this flustered him and he could only stammer and repeat what the article said about smoking and tobacco. Since I didn't want to get DF'd for chewing gum I told him I understood and realized the grave error of my ways. And as he walked away from my house I waved out the window at him as I pulled another piece of gum from my pocket.

• KateWild
    KateWild

XstuckX,

I am surprised your wife grassed you up to the elders. That is pretty low trying to get your hubby df'd out of spite. What kind of a Christian is she? I am sorry this happened to you.

I must say though my ex is a low life and I told the elders about all his unscriptural wrongdoing, but I didn't do it out of spite. I did it because I thought the elders cared and wanted to help him change his ways. I can't see anyone getting df'd for e-ciggs or nicotine gum though, most just play along with the elders.

Kate xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

As far as E-cigs are concerned, I can't say. What makes smoking bad?? Is is just because it's a defilement, or is it spiritism as the WT claims? They allow medical MJ? I guess it's ok to take in chemicals related to "pharmakia" and spiritism, as long as you don't smoke them? So why not use an e-cig? If you are not "smoking" why is it a defilement? If you ban a chemical, where does that end? I would not use them, simply because I don't think they have been around long enough to know what harm they may do.

I get a high from exercising, which is definitely good for you. Besides, if you want to smoke, do it right. Get a great cigar, a real one. Surely smoking a plant is healthier than all the prescription meds that people are on. Just my 2 cents.

DD

• ballistic
    ballistic

It really annoys me that people think they can smoke these e-cigarettes anywhere. I can actually sense the nicotine in them if I breath in someone elses vapour (say they are standing next to me in a queue). As an ex-smoker, I can sense the affect of it very acutely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit