Are we seeing the beginning of the end for Kingdom Halls?

by nicolaou 35 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Wow Nicholaou,

That picture of the KH with the bricked up windows reminds me of the Eagles song "Hotel California". "You can check out any time you want but you can never leave."

HappyDad

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I only wonder if this new Governing Body have an agenda completely different from their predecessor.

Be real. Look at their photos. They have no agenda beyond what Legal and Finance tell them. Just consider the recent letter about the earlier letter about the new financing arrangement. They've again run off with the cart before the horse. No education. No practical experience in the real world. With full delusion they think God is telling them what to do. But then God changes his mind. A lot. There is no agenda. There is no direction. It's a shoot from the hip approach.

• metatron
    metatron

Another factor to consider is the persistent layoff of experienced, loyal Witnesses. They dump 20 year Bethelites into the worst labor market in 60 years. They dump District Overseers. They shut down Branch offices and layoff employees.

At some point, you feel the lack of 'boots on the ground'. There is little or no infrastructure to handle problems and huge mistakes get made. You've simplified to the point that little of anything can get accomplished with success.

Critical, long-term decisions then get made by default by consultants who have no long term commitment or interest in the Organization's future.

I don't see how they get out of this mess. My only question remains : is the Governing Body simply cynical about these changes? Have they lost all faith?

metatron

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Why did they cover up the 3 large windows of that Kingdom Hall with bricks?

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

The windows are bricked up so as to have the perfect cult compound.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What a nasty brick-built s***house that K.H looks like ! no windows means a brick can't be chucked through one I suppose, but who would actually want to go and worship in that stuffy, drab little box ?

I think there is a good chance you are right Nic, maybe the WT's Finance boys more than anyone are pushing the present moves, they can see a big killing around the time they retire in about 20 years.

• losingit
    losingit

Some KHs in poor areas have their windows bricked up bc they're afraid that people will go in and steal the tech equipment. At least, that's what I've heard.

Twice shy-- your assessment seems pretty accurate. I can see that happening so clearly! Andwith forced donations coming in,the finfinancial outlook doesn't have to be so bleak! It's a whole new JW setup for modern living- - that's how they will sell it.

• kaik
    kaik

In my hometown, there were two congs and one KH that shared the same building. The branch office was closed, but the property was not sold yet.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Are we seeing the beginning of the end for Kingdom Halls?

Probably not in the foreseeable future, but who knows what kind of following this religion will have in 50 years from now.

I do see a Reformation going on and not just the move to digital literature distribution. (JW.org)

The dropping of the Watchtower name identity from the organization as well the name of top leading magazine could very well

disappear just to distance the doctrines that were obviously set to fail over time.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Simple.. KHs cost money.Internet is paid for by you to listsen or watch the talks and school. I imagine they will come up with a skype version for commenting at the WT lol.

However with the dismiss of KH will come more conventions or more elder's visits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit