Update about my Daughter In Law

by troubled mind 27 Replies latest social current

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Great news. Seems alot here are graduating!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

It is criminal to deny children an education. I'm so glad she is doing well, no wonder you are so proud of her!

Marina

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Troubled mind , What an inspiring story! What a DIL!

Thank you so much for sharing your happy news with us!

LoisLane

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

This is wonderful! It bolsters my faith and hope in everyone who can escape this mind numbing religion and show what they are really capable of. God Bless her in all her endeavors.

HappyDad

• twice shy
    twice shy

You think your children are winning. They know Jehovah and are progressing foward spiritually. You are keeping them from the world and all is supposed to be great. Than you wake up and realize some serious damage has been done. You don't even know where to begin to fix it.

I'm speaking from a Homeschooling parent perspective. I thought the society's way would be very pleasing to Jehovah. Then I leaarned the real deal. Im excited for your DIL, but I think her Mom would of done way better with her had she known better.

All of us trying to raise children in the truth were bamboozled.

Glad she made it.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Next to my own MIL, who is amazing and gave me the best husband ever, you are my favorite MIL.

Congratulations to your lovely DIL. I wish her all the best. I see why you are so proud of her.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Soooo inspiring - it brought tears to my eyes too. The human spirit and thirst for knowledge overcoming the dark negative anti-education values or the WBTS. You must be so proud of her.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

So beautiful. Wishing her all the best!

Thank you for sharing this inspiring story, her words are powerful and will keep me in a happy place all day.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Thanks for sharing, she is an amazing person to have gotten an education under those circumstances.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Thank you all for the kind responses .

The lack of education was not the only hurdle my daughter in law had to overcome . Her Mother ,how to put this in a kind way ,is very eccentric ,and is a hoarder . The children lived in a home of major disorder . Their Father died when my DIL was 2yrs old . The oldest child in the family has mental and severe health problems ,and took the majority of their Mothers time ,and attention .The children were raised with NO structure what so ever ....they slept when ,and wherever they wanted ,ate food as they got hungry with no planned meals together .

The really sad thing in all this is that her Father was a college graduate ,and a Teacher ! Her Mother was also a college graduate with a nursing degree . Her Mother became a JW about three yrs before her husbands death . I am sure the JW teachings fed into her already askew world view . To this day she has no regrets of not providing adequate education for her kids ......it is just a crazy situation .

My DIL wrote a communications paper on 'Hiding a Hoard' that gave an isightful view of how it was growing up in that type of atmosphere . One of her recollections as a child was of her Fathers urn, with his ashes, being stored in the trunk of the car under piles of newspapers .... It just breaks my heart sometimes ... I am inspired by her strength and fortitude .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit