Yoga

by FL_Panthers 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SophieG
    SophieG

Ditto on what Really?! said!

Yoga along with its meditations and chantimg opens your mind! The meditative part requires you to still your mind and empty your thoughts and be STILL! So no! The WTBS doesn't want you to do that, in fact they've always told us to "meditate on the things learned" which fills your mind with constant THOUGHT!

A still mind also allows you to hear that inner voice and whatever questions you may have. You start to have questions you start to get answers. They don't want you to get answers as they tap into your true spirituality, who you really are!

I love yoga and meditation, it's a daily practice for me. There are so many good results in it for your over all health and well being. You're more peaceful, calm and happier. You have a deeper connection to whatever IT is out there, hence you don't need the middle man.

so heck no they don't want you to go there.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Well technically......ANYTHING is a disfellowshipping offense if you are non repentant. or so I was told by a CO when i was little.

Really you would have to try very hard to get disfellowshippd while doing yoga, unless you were doing it at the temple. If you are going to 24 hour fitness, or the local "poses", I doubt that would get much traction.

They do strongly discourage it just like rap, rated R movies, reading non GB material about the bible, thinking internally or peeing while standing.........but once again, I think yu would be hard pressed to be disfellowshipped for those things.

• zebagain
    zebagain

..depends what flavour. I like the greek yoghurt personally i prefer ice-cream.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Yoga apparently lets demons into your mind... because demons like to stay in your brain and play around in there and make you think things...

I wonder how they would explain this scientifically

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hey, SERIOUSLY... Tell that Elder that you have a Wii-Fit, and that you do the YOGA exercises. If he wants to DF you, call in the C.O. The C.O is more in touch with the Branch. He KNOWS what's going on as far as the legal cases within the BORG. He will tell that Eldumb to mind his own business. He isn't defending you, but his desire to defend the Borg collective can work in your favor.

Also, just practice the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. If you like YOGA, then don't stop. It's one of the greatest things you can do for yourself. You can relieve stress and learn to calm and focus your mind. The benifits of YOGA are precisely why the Borg want you to stop. They KNOW it's good for you! They want you stressed, on edge, worried, and dependent upon them as your GURU's. Like any abuser, they want you to stay down. I say, " SCREW 'EM!!!" Learn to be your own master as your creator actually intended. Quit falling for the Judeo/Xian hodgepodge that makes you dependent on humans.

• Bells
    Bells

This is another ridiculous thing about the Witnesses! Yoga is first and foremost a SCIENCE - not a religion, although there are now various different branches of yog, with some taking more of a religious stance - but you don't have to go there... Yoga helps to create happiness and wellbeing by teaching those who practice how to control and still the mind, rather than the mind controlling you.

I am not really a spiritual person at all, but I love my yoga, it helps with chronic pain, helps me to be more calm and positive - and I always sleep SO well after doing yoga!!!

Just one more reason for me why I would never want to be a JW.

They take all the fun out of life itself - and then the reward for skipping the fun in life is eternity with a bunch of Witnesses - NO THANKS!!!!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yoga is a science?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Try calling on the name of the alMost High when you're in the Yoga Dojungaroo and see what happens.

Czech with your Ouija board for the name of a good Yoga Dojungaroo.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Why don't you research the subject for yourself, there has been articles about it over the years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit