5 years inactive and still sometimes I'm haunted.

by ctrwtf 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

Isn't it weird how we were able to rationalize and dismiss generations and decades of family dysfunction, toxicity and destructiveness when we were still in the cult?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

It's been the same length for me about 5 years. I still wake up with nightmares thinking about my past life.

• imasheilatoo
    imasheilatoo

The JWs wrecked my family and my childhood. I'm just gratified that I went on to a fulfilling, happy life with many "true" friends and relatives. Don't look back, there's nothing there. Your life has meaning, love and beauty if you imbue it with those things.

• Euler173
    Euler173

I've been inactive for over 10 years now. Around the four to five year mark I felt exactly like you do now. I was very angry about all the opportunities I had missed in life due to my JW childhood. I was stuck in a shitty JW marriage, you know the one were you get married at 19 just so you can have sex. I had missed my chance to go to college. My life felt like one big waste of potential and possibility.

I went through a divorce. I enrolled in college and recently completed my engineering degree. I went to work for an amazing international manufacturing corporation. I met a great woman. Now I get paid to fly around the world and "work" as an engineer. When I get home I spend my time with a wonderful women who has no JW bullshit in her mind. It's great!

The point? Life is what you make of it. Stop allowing the JW's to rob you of your new life! Every minute you spend anguishing over what you might have had is a waste of time. It's as if the JW's are still running your life!

True success and happiness are right there just waiting for you to take them! So take them!

The apostate formerly known as JeepRube.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit