What's Your Scenario For The Watchtower Corporation's Business Future? Will They Survive Much Longer In This Information Age?

by frankiespeakin 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The internet a marvel of modern science, mass communication, information at your finger tips is transforming peoples lives. But alas the whole thing took the Governing Body by surprise as they continued to pin their hopes on childishly magical and wishful thinking Bible interpetations.

The train has left the station and the Governing Body are just now comming to terms with it(the internet), while they still demonize it for its freeing power, and plethora of information that doesn't fit with their narrow world view they must still navigate a path that includes or give some recognition to this information source now becomming availible to all all over the world.

How will the Watchtower survive all this and still be directed by a bunch of delusional old and odd geezers is beyound me to comprehend. What say you?

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

It's going to survive because there are people who want what it has to offer. Living forever...never dying...growing younger and healthier...seeing the dead arise..all happening in your lifetime...it is just around the corner. The internet will free some but knowledge doesn't stop people from doing self-destructive things or there would be no drug addicts or intoxicated drivers because everyone knows those things are not positive choices.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The G.B. will classify looking at websites which are "apostate" or simply critical of the Org and its teachings, as "brazen conduct".

Therefore, you will be disfellowshipped if you are stupid enough to share information with a fellow Witness who will rat on you!

Internet problem solved, by putting the fear of death into the sheep!

• jgnat
    jgnat

It took fifty years for the horse to be fully replaced by automobile transport. Give it another fifty years for Web 2.0 to be the new norm.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

I think the growth will slow and then reverse.

I see the collective IQ dropping all along the way.

They will just spin it into a new storyline - one that is not about growth but increasingly about being the "chosen few."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I see the collective IQ droppingall along the way.

They will just spin it into a new storyline - one that is not about growth but increasingly about being the "chosen few.".....TTATTelder

.................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Organisms that cannot or will not adapt to a changing environment are doomed to extinction.

From what I can see, the only way that a semi-secretive, apocalyptic millennialist authoritarian high-control group can successfully adapt to long-term survival in the rapidly changing, information-saturated, Wikileaks-level-transparency-craving environment of the 21st Century is via progressive reform.

To accomplish that, however, involves embracing financial and policy transparency, respecting the discoveries of history and science regardless of the implications, fairly utilizing the democratic process, and fostering positive activism that actually makes a difference in the community...

...i.e., stop being a semi-secretive, apocalyptic millennialist authoritarian high-control group.

Does anyone here really think the WTS is ever gonna do that?

Or that, at this point, they even can do it?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Their hope is their angel buddies. The same angels at work at damning those who are jokehovians are also at work getting Internet II in place. Then the Internet will resemble a cable TV system, and there is hardly any useful information there.

• frankiespeakin
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

The WT will outlive me.

To slightly change a quote "Nobody ever went broke by underestimating the intelligence of the public".

Ignorant suckers abound, the WT will continue to survive for a long time by bleeding them dry of funds.

When they can give no more, the WT finds new suckers.

Such people are mind-controlled to take no notice of the "enemies" on the Internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit