Quotes from the Watchtower that you agree with 100%

by nicolaou 26 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just curious. Add your quotes with no commentary if you like, it should be obvious why you agree.

The Dangers of Being Deceived

The really sad fact is that very often the person who is deceived or deluded tends to hold on to his belief in spite of strong evidence proving otherwise. Perhaps he gets so emotionally attached to his belief that he simply shuts his eyes and closes his ears to any evidence that might challenge it.

The Watchtower, 01/09/ 2010 p10/11

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I take it when you say from the watchtower you mean the corporation as opposed to just the ragazine???

If so........

Awake! 2009 July p.29 (p.28) "No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Religion is a snare and a racket.

• hoser
    hoser

Aug 15,2013 watchtower. Page 21 par 12.

"Shaming an individual by making unfair comparisons with others, criticizing him by setting up rigid standards, or making him feel guilty about not doing more may motivate him to a spurt of activity, but the results are only temporary. On the other hand, giving a fellow believer commendation and appealing to his love for god can have a lasting positive effect. "

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

MANY sincere people do not know the truth about God and the future of mankind. Not having found answers to their deepest spiritual concerns, they live in confusion and uncertainty. Millions are enslaved to superstitions, rituals, and celebrations that offend our Creator. Likely, you have neighbors and relatives who believe in a fiery hell, a triune God, the immortality of the soul, or some other false teaching.

2 What is responsible for this widespread spiritual darkness? Ironically, it is religion—specifically the religious organizations and leaders who have promoted ideas contrary to God’s thoughts. (Mark 7:7, 8) As a result, many people have been deceived into believing that they worship the true God, while in reality they offend him. False religion is directly responsible for this sad situation.

11 True Christians keep clear of false worship, rejecting false religious teachings. This means that we avoid exposure to religious programs on radio and television as well as religious literature that promotes lies about God and his Word. (Psalm 119:37) We also wisely refrain from sharing in social functions and recreational activities sponsored by any organization associated with false religion. Additionally, we do not support false worship in any way. (1 Corinthians 10:21) Taking such measures protects us from being carried off by someone “as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ.”—Colossians 2:8.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

pumkofnice - "Awake! 2009 July p.29 (p.28) 'No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family.' "

I remember reading that statement back when I was still in and nodding, thinking to myself, "that's fair".

Reading it now just gobsmacks me.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

*** w11 8/15 p. 4 The Internet—Making Wise Use of a Global Tool ***

"Do not become an “Internet Eve.” Be critical and suspicious of the information. Before trusting it, ask: (1) Who published this material? What are the author’s credentials? (2) Why was this published? What motivated the writer? Is there any bias? (3) Where did the author get the information? Does he supply sources that can be checked? (4) Is the information current? In the first century, the apostle Paul gave Timothy advice that applies with equal force today. Paul wrote: “Guard what is laid up in trust with you, turning away from the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called ‘knowledge.’”—1 Tim. 6:20."

*** w91 12/1 p. 7 Is Any Religion Good Enough? ***

"A religion that teaches lies cannot be true."

*** g03 9/22 p. 24 The Piñata—An Ancient Tradition ***

"We found that for many people in Mexico, the piñata has lost its religious significance and is considered by most to be just harmless fun. ...

"... A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area. Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another. Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues."

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

WT 14 2/15 page 24 par. 15

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2014126

When we meet individuals who are steeped in false religion or who follow unscriptural customs, we continue to manifest a friendly, peaceful attitude.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

AnnoMally, I don't know how I missed that first quote of yours! Bias and credentials eh? Pots and kettles more like. .

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

These two aren't as powerful as some others but are still little golden nuggets that I enjoyed.

"But the corruption of others including those in position of authority is never an excuse to sin". Imitate their faith page 63

"jehovah himself proved to be wih him the account says adding that jehovah let none of Samuels prophesies fail". Imitate their faith page 66

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit