Guns and Roses fans?

by nonjwspouse 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I'm not one, but just caught the biography on TV.

I happened to have met Axel Roses ( as he called himself by then) parents in a friend's neighborhood in Indianna. When Axel would come home for a visit in the midto late 80's police cars would always end up at the house. Such an out of control dude! His parents were such calm, quiet people though.

So interesting to see the "rest of the story"

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I wish I could know which post would get absolutly no interest so I would have better judgement in starting a topic

I felt the story of the band facinating, but obiously it was just me. I guess it was just because I had a very minor personal connection.

Well, I apologize for taking up topic space for something silly.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Your initial post came at a time when most in the U.S. were still asleep.

I was a huge GnR fan growing up. My JW parents found the tapes and threw them away.

Axl was out of control. I'm surprised he kept it together as long as he did to have left a mark on the history of rock and roll.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

neverendingjourney - "Axl was out of control. I'm surprised he kept it together as long as he did to have left a mark on the history of rock and roll."

"Kept it together"?

Honestly, I'm surprised the guy isn't f**king dead...

And this coming from a fella (me) who has a half-dozen G'n'F'n'R songs in his playlist.

• scary21
    scary21

Love November Rain "great video" Welcome to the jungle brings back some fun memories. Crazy times. Yes, I'm a fan but not enough to have a CD.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Appetite For Destruction was one of the greatest rock and roll albums in history. Too bad they could never come close to duplicating it

• blondie
    blondie

I never heard of them until I was visiting a special talk by a long-time missionary in India who had been called back to be a DO.

He heard that many jws had purchased tickets to go to G&R and then found out his talk was on the same night but they were going anyway to G&R. This brother chastised the parents and the young jws for missing his talk and going to G&R.

"we already have the tickets and we would lose the money we spent" He compared G&R to rotten raspberries and his talk to good food that they would rather eat rotten raspberries.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

......................................................Axl Rose..

..............................Then.............................................Now..

..........................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I like them

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I'm a fan...."You could be mine" gets me cleaning like a whirling dervish, and takes me back to my 20's....:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit