Suggestion for JWFacts

by ILoveTTATT 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I have a suggestion for JWFacts, and to help make the article easier to write for Paul, the collective JWN community can help.

In his article of "religions similar to Jehovah's Witnesses",

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/similar-religions-to-jehovahs-witnesses.php

Paul uses Mormons, Cristadelphians, etc...

I suggest he also use Iglesia Ni Cristo. It is absolutely creepy how similar they are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iglesia_ni_Cristo

No Trinity

No immortality of the soul

Resurrection

1914 last days

Thinks itself as the "One True Church"

Publishes a Magazine

Felix Manalo (started the religion) seen as the Last Messenger (Russell was thought to be the Last Messenger).

Started with Seventh Day Adventist ideas

Two meetings per week, missing them is a wilful sin

Voluntary donations

Songbook

Admonishment (Reproof), then Expulsion (Disfellowshipping)

Disfellowshipping offences: Eating blood

I am sure that more parallels would be found if there was more research done... but they are SCARILY similar...

• cofty
    cofty

The similarities are remarkable.

• fakefading
    fakefading

That's very interesting very similar. I wonder how large/small is their group? In the millions/thousands?

• prologos
    prologos

I have heard that THEY HAVE A STRICT TITHING POLICY.[wt is catching up with their pledge/vow]

Their buildings are the most spectacular, even out-shining the ancient catholic cathedrals. Apparently centrally organized construction/design programme.

One of their spires casts a shadow on the Manila WT bethel complex, at sun- up.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

@ fakefading: It is one of the largest churches in the Phillipines. 4-10 million was the estimate for 1996. 2.3% of all Filipinos are part of that church.

They have a "book study" too, where they "studies" progress into baptism, but not before being asked questions to see if they understand the teachings..

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Wow!!

http://www.dk777.com/incinanutshell.pdf

Persecution complex

Loaning to congregations scam

If you miss a meeting you get a visit asking why you didn't come...

Must unquestionably obey the central administration

Love bombing

preaching and getting new converts emphasized

Buzzwords

Use books to "demonstrate" that their teachings ARE from the Bible...

Hates the Catholic Church and dedicates a lot of the magazine's time to "denounce" the Catholic Church.

Use a particular Bible translation for their teachings

too many similarities!!

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Found another: Don't celebrate Christmas or many holidays

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

And another: Have their own "apostate" forum like JWN = P

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I kind of wonder if the founder might of had a bit to do with the witnesses at one time

• apostate tizzy
    apostate tizzy

Yes i discovered one of their churches right near where i live a couple of months ago, it is a beautiful old building which has been converted for them.

I did a little research and it does appear theat they are very very similar to dubs.

When i see them going into the church, it looks like the majority if not all of the congregation were Aisian or latin American looking, i did not see any white European people, which seamed stange considering the location of their church is in a predominantly traditional "white church of england" type of area.

Iwondered if the congregation were travelling a fair distance to attend?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit