They are i- Pad Nutty Now

by Poztate 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I LOVE the idea of having an IPAD at the hall!

It means that if I am ever bored (Which is every meeting), and I am sitting at the back or on the sound control desk, I just spend the whole meeting here on our Forum! Anyone looking just thinks..."wow, how 'spiritual' is he, always taking notes!"

It means I can post while at the meeting! (kind makes me feel pretty bad-ass rebelious to be honest....I better watch out for the ground swallowing me up like Korah I suppose!)

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

The Watchtower probably owns some Apple and Samsung stock.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Oh my, I can picture it now. JWs get a kid at the door. Decide to show him Caleb video. His parents come to the door while rugrat is watching Caleb video. .... this is going to be good.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I get an iPad, I bring it to the boasting session, I load it with materials from Joy of Satan and read that in lieu of my washtowel. As I see it, spiritual Satanism is far closer to the truth than anything I ever heard from the jokehovian witlesses, from their early days to when I was first going into the washtowel cancer to their "new light". That is complete with whatever magick they include within the site--all will be present on the iPad. And I will not even attempt to read passages from the LIE-ble except to expose the whole thing as preparation of the whole human race for communism.

Not to mention, with all they are supposed to be donating toward the Worldwide Damnation Fund, and that they are supposed to be cutting way back on work so they can pious-sneer, how is anyone supposed to even afford a damn iPad in the first place? As for me, I don't have sufficient use for an iPad to justify the cost with money to buy the thing, nor the time it takes to set it up. And, I refuse to put iTunes on my computer again--the last two times I tried that, it either hogged my whole CPU with its apps or it simply froze up my whole computer, and even uninstalled my DVD drive. If I do have to use one of those things, it will be something compatible with software that doesn't mess with my CPU or tamper with my DVD drive. It takes time to install--and, with their attitude, that is time "that should be better serving our god".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And worse, if you have to pay for data plans, that is even less for the Worldwide Damnation Fund. That, to them, is worse even than trying to fuss with iTunes on a computer where it will tamper with drives. If I can type in Joy of Satan on one of those devices while at the boasting session, or install a SD card with pdf's of those sites, they are going to be in for a miserable time trying to get me to believe their smut.

Now, just imagine if they have a new study at the boasting session and they see my iPad with Joy of Satan prominently displayed on the screen (whether directly from Internet, a SD card, or stored in internal memory). There goes that study. And whatever funds they had on hand that they were going to donate for the damnation of the human race. This is in addition to that the funds I now have to pay for data plans, which are probably even worse than my broadband expenses, are funds that I cannot donate toward the damnation and communism of the human race. Probably, they will be encouraging people to put their site on a SD card, periodically updated, and just use that in lieu of directly searching online through the device.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

They had a video at the hall the other night showing how to use tablets on the ministry. They then spoke about the young ones helping train the older ones to use them in the ministry.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

GBA4IOS.... an essential app for meetings

• Zoos
    Zoos

Isn't it wonderful how Jehovah leads his happy people with his dynamic, forward-moving and technically savvy organization?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Truly laughable, considering not three years ago this was WT's view on iPads:

----

November 8, 2011

TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS IN THE UNITED STATES BRANCH TERRITORY

Re: Use of electronic tablets

Dear Brothers:

We have received inquiries on the use of an electronic tablet, such as an iPad, when conducting the Watchtower Study or for viewing notes when giving a public talk. Herein we wish to provide some guidelines concerning this matter.

There is no objection to the use of an electronic tablet by an attendee in the audience as a means of following along with the material being presented. However, at this time, an electronic tablet or other similar device should not be used on the platform, such as for reading the paragraphs at the Watchtower Study, conducting a meeting, or giving a talk of any kind.

In addition to the possibility of a technical problem occurring, it is felt that using an electronic tablet from the platform could prompt others to feel that they too should invest in such a device. Additionally, since many brothers cannot afford such a device, using one prominently from the stage could, in effect, create "class distinctions" or appear to be a "showy display of one’s means of life." — Jas. 2:4; 1John 2:16.

Thank you for noting this direction. We send our warm Christian love.

Your Brothers,

Christian Congregation

Of Jehovah’s Witnesses

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

DontCallMeShirley- good point- but some may argue "thats for stage use" instruction.

I think what should be compared to this and given a critical eye is WT policy of the internet. They have with authority turned the negative for their selfish use to a postive to demand conformance.

I know they get a kick out of it as they sit back a laugh at how the "friends" just jump when they say jump.

In WTBS history I wonder what other "encouraged purchase" has the WT silently instructed the R&F.

Gee, what will be next.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit